How much does your geographic location matter to your startup?

With the world going paperless and the Internet bringing people together in the virtual world, geographies boundaries are depleting rapidly. This discussion is about the importance of geographic location to your business - how much does it matter? Share your views and opinions 😀

Replies

• cooltwins
    cooltwins
    I don't think Geographical location is the most important factor. As long as you have the right resources, talents and can utilize the available opportunities, etc... (Can't think of much now ) , Your start up is going to be just fine. With increased use of/ availability of internet, distance is just a number, never a deciding factor for a startup's success.

In fact in #-Link-Snipped-# published in our site, Marshall Haas, a serial entrepreneur says that all the team members of AllRendered (providing architectural renderings for customers) are scattered in different corners of the world. They use the share files using DropBox and discuss things with each other using Skype. If a team that is geographically scattered can perform, surely a team that is together in any corner of the world can perform.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looking forward to more views on this 😀 Anyone?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    my 2 cents..if it is internet based business, location doesnot matter. really. But incase it is more sort of a 'in-person' business, geographic location does play a role.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    my 2 cents..if it is internet based business, location doesnot matter. really. But incase it is more sort of a 'in-person' business, geographic location does play a role.
    Not exactly, you see. The online operation and control is just a small part of the company. If your clients are based in the 'hub', it helps if you are physically around them. But if one keeps the business entirely online (all automated), then location may not matter.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    But considering, that your business is not an online-based service, and just a regular buy-and-sell shop, then geographical location is of utmost importance. you need to be in the hub of the market, where most of the customers find your place easily accessible.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well If I'm talking about Electronics Then geographical location matters as sometimes client visits company so if your city has Train, Air connectivity then it would be easy. Same way we also have to work on site service so in that case you have to check in which city you will get maximum service business.
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    i think geographical location matters.for example,simply take a mobile showroom.if we establish it in a village think how it will be profit ????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Its my pleasure to be a part of Crazy Engineers and i need help with my final year project. I have crazy ideas you would laugh at ......
Peter Wheeler's final project was the ambitious amphibian Scamander. Watch the video putting Scamander through its paces. https://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/283690/peter_wheelers_scamander_on_video.html
give me a unique project definations for my final year project...as quick as possible...i am waiting..!
Perpetual motion or free fall? It is walking downhill. The bottom of the jaw drops instantly on seeing this 'antigravity antics of Slinky. The disbelief continues even after seeing the...
want to be well groomed before the 1st company comes for recruitment. 😀