How it build a miniaturized accelerometer?

Is is possible to build a very compact accelerometer that can be worn on the body? When I say compact I'm thinking about an inch or less in height and width. Thank you in advance for reading and responding!

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The mems based accelerometer chips are of that size itself. So yes, they are easily available.
  • Elon Anderson
    Elon Anderson
    [Prototype]
    The mems based accelerometer chips are of that size itself. So yes, they are easily available.
    I have never built one could you point me in the direction of how to do so, perhaps an article or video? Are the other components it needs small enough to support those dimensions as well?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Elon Anderson
    I have never built one could you point me in the direction of how to do so, perhaps an article or video? Are the other components it needs small enough to support those dimensions as well?
    Well, you don't have to build an accelerometer. The other passive components required are easily available in SMD form. Unfortunately I don't have a proper internet connection right now so cannot point you in a direction. Just search for "accelerometer module". The size of the module will be big but the actual chip used in the module is small. Once you identify the chip you can download the data sheet and build a board depending on your requirements.
  • Elon Anderson
    Elon Anderson
    [Prototype]
    Well, you don't have to build an accelerometer. The other passive components required are easily available in SMD form. Unfortunately I don't have a proper internet connection right now so cannot point you in a direction. Just search for "accelerometer module". The size of the module will be big but the actual chip used in the module is small. Once you identify the chip you can download the data sheet and build a board depending on your requirements.
    Thank you so very much for all of your help Prototype! If I have any follow up questions would you mind if I reached out to you?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Elon Anderson
    Thank you so very much for all of your help Prototype! If I have any follow up questions would you mind if I reached out to you?
    Sure. We're here to help... 😀
  • Elon Anderson
    Elon Anderson
    Prototype thank you for that, I truly appreciate it 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Elon Anderson
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    There are already very compact Accelerometer available for example this one from mCube this one is around 1x1mm but again now it depends how you want to use it if you want to make some prototype board for Proof Of Concept then I would say go with little bigger regular one.

Very small one from mCube:
    [​IMG]

Here is one of regular one:- #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello there! Could anyone there tell me how to approach the core job after doing btech in civil engineering? Unfortunately i couldnt make it from campus placement. Any suggestions?
Mouse driver loaded or not c code
It seems that there are members from literally all over the globe here on CE. I'm from KY United States myself, where is everyone else from?
With this many degrees how does he find time to teach?
What thrill! What skill!!