How is the price of fuel established in India?

I was reading in Google news about protests in India over the price of fuel. How is fuel priced in India? In the USA, prices vary across the country. The government does not have direct control over oil and gasoline prices but the national and state governments can have great influence on fuel prices since they can set the tax rates on these commodities.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am doing a final year mini project and i want to know some cost estimation and some ideas of the project 😕 1.paper counting machine 2.fabrication of pneumatic paper...
Those who are thinking about starting out on their own, should pay attention to how simple-yet-useful ideas can help you start your own startup. Look at PhoneCurry - a startup...
Inflation is on the rise, the price rise is on the prowl and the common man is dying. Well... not until Crazy Engineers are alive... 😎 Does it sound like...
Meaning: old and in a very bad condition Usage: The legislative building is in a state of dilapidation. Synonyms: battered, crumbling, decayed, decrepit Use this word in your own sentence.
hello friends, i am student of final year b.tech in electrical engg. i need ideas for major project. plz help . mail me