how is metro bridge set up ?

[​IMG]

view the attached image ...and express your ideas ^_^

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting topic. I'd like to know more about this!
  • gohm
    gohm
    anti-gravity devices? lol

Well like most bridges it is modular using steel to tie the pieces together laterally (and mortar) for tension most commonly used is a rebar infrastructure or steel cables. This lateral tension spreads out the stresses/weight load fairly evenly to be distributed downward via the vertical support pillars (again employing steel). Being concrete there will also be floating joints to allow for expansion due to heat cycling.
  • 4d1
    4d1
    gohm
    anti-gravity devices? lol

Well like most bridges it is modular using steel to tie the pieces together laterally (and mortar) for tension most commonly used is a rebar infrastructure or steel cables. This lateral tension spreads out the stresses/weight load fairly evenly to be distributed downward via the vertical support pillars (again employing steel). Being concrete there will also be floating joints to allow for expansion due to heat cycling.
    the steel bars run along the length of the bridge ?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Through the modular pieces. If you looked at the modular concrete section you would see it is not solid and the steel passes through these sections. You can think of a string of pearls as a simplistic example.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Here's a link with some pics to help further demonstrate:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Note the sections are hollow and the holes within the concrete walls for the steel to pass through.
  • 4d1
    4d1
    gohm
    Here's a link with some pics to help further demonstrate:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Note the sections are hollow and the holes within the concrete walls for the steel to pass through.

thanks man...nice info 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Karthick Kanagalingam *Engineering Trade: Electroncis Engineering Location: Toronto Ontario, Canada!
Have you ever think what is programming?? I hope your answer will be similar to me Programming is the task of solving certain problems using computer. but no after participating...
A blind woman sits in a chair holding a video camera focused on a scientist sitting in front of her. She has a device in her mouth, touching her tongue,...
1. Introuction 2. Diagram and working 3. Advantage and disadvantage 4. Future scope
hey... I'm doing my project work on ''Earthquake resistant design of Apartment'' So could you give me full details..... thanks in advance...