How feasible is this 8085 project?

Hi,

Microprocessor 8085 is being taught in our college currently.
We have been asked to do a mini project using it to gain some
familiarity.
My idea is to build a toy car,

• Which is operated by a computer
  • Has a camera attached to it, whose live display is shown in
    the monitor
  • Is wireless
Can this be done?
And where should i start?
Suggestions and ideas for something better is welcome😀

Thanks

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    yes it is possible to make such project with 8085 but for that you may need many interfacing Chips so i suggest why not you use 8051 yeah it is microcontroller while 8085 is microprocessor and in industry 8085 MIcroprocessor are already absolute so why not go with 8051 its not that much difficult to learn if you know basics of 8085 then you can easily learn 8051 also.
  • ananth22290
    ananth22290
    Thank you Godfather.
    Does this look a bit complicated for a mini project?
    And can you please suggest something simpler and interesting using 8085?

Thanks
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    ya ananth..as Godfather has said..mc8051 is much more better then using mp8085...n ya buddy using mp 8085 is more complicated then usin any microcontroller as it requires interfacing chips n memory e.g for programmin u need extra memory RAM or ROM n programming ROM require extra equipments..n ya u need I/O ports for interfacin..better use easily available 8051 mc like atmega 8, 16 or 32 ot of atmel series which has inbuild suffecient memory n can be programmed easily using win avr if u purchase it with mp board.. just need to concentrate on programming which is the main task for ur project as u hav mentioned above
  • ananth22290
    ananth22290
    Hey Piyushh thanks a ton mate 😀
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    most welcome buddy..anytime.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ananth22290
    Thank you Godfather.
    Does this look a bit complicated for a mini project?
    And can you please suggest something simpler and interesting using 8085?

Thanks
    Yes you can make Project in which you Can interface Seven segment/LED display and it display the Character or Number which you press from Keyboard you have to also interface keyboard with 8085. Hows this project?
  • ananth22290
    ananth22290
    @Godfather : That looks interesting. Thank you
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ananth22290
    @Godfather : That looks interesting. Thank you
    Welcome Looking forward to see you active here on CE!
  • dineshkumar
    dineshkumar
    no need to use the microprocessor.it is not economical.so you use the microcontroller. [​IMG]
  • imnitsy
    imnitsy
    well..some one plz tell me abt interfacin in mu p..
    as dscussd abv..a projct related to display a character or number when pressed on keybrd using a seven segment/led display..actually..mu p is just recently started in my cllg..
    i jsut want to know..how interfacing is done in mu p..n how do i cnnct my pc with the mu p. to get the desired display..?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    imnitsy
    well..some one plz tell me abt interfacin in mu p..
    as dscussd abv..a projct related to display a character or number when pressed on keybrd using a seven segment/led display..actually..mu p is just recently started in my cllg..
    i jsut want to know..how interfacing is done in mu p..n how do i cnnct my pc with the mu p. to get the desired display..?

Do you want to interface QWERTY keyboard with MPU?
  • imnitsy
    imnitsy
    godfather
    Do you want to interface QWERTY keyboard with MPU?
    yes exactly!!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Keyboard has the PS2 Connector..
    You can send data to Serial port and after that Serial Communication between PC and uController is easy via RXD TXD pin.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, Here i am explaining DRY ICE.Solid carbon dioxide is known as dry ice.It is soft,white snow like substance and looks like ice.However,it does not wet a piece of...
hai..can any one help me..how to approach an industry to start a miniproject. iam an ece student
Apple Inc. has just started sending out email invitations to people around the world that says "Come see our latest creation". Top tech blogs are saying that Apple will launch...
Official Website: Home Page - Virtuoso 2010 @ Kumarguru College of Technology Virtuoso `10, is a two-day event primarily focusing on providing a healthy platform for the budding engineers to...
[FONT="]Cross posting from email I received. Suggestions are welcome - [/FONT]I am Oracle apps Techno-Functional consultant . Currently working with CMM-V level company . I would like to seek guidance...