How far it is important to read design of jigs,fixtures,press tools,production technologies,etc?
I am a final year Automobile engineering student and I now has a chance to study "design of jigs,fixtures and press tools" .I want to give a short brief on it and followed by a question that arised in my mind.Design of jigs , fixtures, press tools involves the study of locating tools,guiding tools,holding tools and supporting the workpiece in manufacturing process.We study a lot from locators, clamps, bushes fool proof pin, etc.But my question is in this present scenario where all manufacturing process was given to the hands of robots,Is there a real necessity to read about this and know some basics?
I know basic is important but how far it can help me out in a interview or a working place.Are we wasting time in grinding old same subjects¿Do we want to change the mind and go for study of subjects which explains the process of automation ¿
Should the subjects syllabus needs to be changed?
Pour in your views CEans?I am waiting....