How far can radio waves travel?

My knowledge of radio waves is very limited! I was reading an article that says our radio waves have reached to over 50 light years in space. I began wondering how far can radio waves travel in vacuum. There has to be a point at which the strength of the radio waves becomes so small that the signal itself cannot be detected (I wonder if it dies out completely). Does anyone know the answer?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Being an EM radiation it behaves like any other electro magnetic wave.
    Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation can be seen even now, though it dates back to the Big Bang.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Radio Star
    Cosmic Microwave Background
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    It transcends realms and dimensions

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To think that it about time that Digital TV becomes available from the comfort of your smartphone or tablet, is an appropriate thing. At CES 2015, Sony launched a Digital...
Project Abstract / Summary : The consumption for fuel in Automotive is drastically increasing due to population growth. The application of a thermoelectric system which recovers waste heat to generate...
I just receive update for my Moto G 1st Gen Downloading.... ๐Ÿ˜
Project Abstract / Summary : The usual constituents of concrete are cement, sand and gravel. The rapid increase in construction activities leads to active shortage of conventional materials due to...
The general notion of most people is that the speed of light changes only when it passes through a certain medium like glass, water and air. But a group of...