How does the Stirling engine compare to the Rankine engine?

Rankine cycle is used in all of the coal fired power plants in the world. It has been used in steam engines and low temperature versions are being designed. Why is it much more commercially popular than the Stirling engine?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐Ÿ˜•i am b.e student and i want the procedure to learn about the electrical circuits 1pls tell me the shortcuts to learn ec-1:?::?:๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• pls help me
1) Define (a) software (b) software engineering. 2) Write a note on computer-software. 3) State and define the characteristics of a well engineered software. 4) Explain in detail various types...
Each source generate a signal of similar frequency range.Inside the multiplexer theses similar signal modulates different carrier frequencies(f1,f2 and f3).The resulting modulated signal are then combined into a signal composite...
The enterprise software maker EMC has shelled out $2.25 billion to acquire the data storage company Isilon ( Leader in Scale-out Storage Solutions - Simple is Smart | Isilon Systems...
China is surely giving USA sleepless nights. If not, it will from now. China has stolen the crown for the fastest computer in the world from USA. Tianhe-1 (meaning the...