How does CE work ?

Admins and mods may be able to answer my question 😀
How does CE work ? I mean who desgined the functionality of this forum ? When changes are made, do code changes are made or what ? When a CAPTCHA kind of thing is added, how is it done ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me answer your queries.

I mean who desgined the functionality of this forum?

Answer: CE is powered by a powerful forum software written in PHP, called vBulletin.

When changes are made, do code changes are made or what ?

Answer: The forum supports plugins and they do most of the job. Installing plugin/mod might require code changes, but not always.

When a CAPTCHA kind of thing is added, how is it done ?

Answer: We currently deploy reCAPTCHA, which is a add-on to the forum. Its added through the product importer functionality through admin panel.

Let me know if you have further questions.
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Can an individual, customize the look and feel for his user id?

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The look of the forum remains the same. However, very soon, you will be able to customize the look & feel of your profile page.
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Even it would be fine if we can provide an URL for 'new posts' in xml.
    We can add it in google's gadget.
    But this xml should not contain 'In focus' items, as i am seeing most posts are in that section.

Activity on site will also increase.

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You can subscribe to a any section using RSS Feeds. Enter the section you want to subscribe to, and get the rss feed from the browser. For example, for all the updates in Computer Science & IT Engineering section, enter following URL in your RSS gadget -
    https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=42
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Thanks, i wanted this.

Regards
    Sriram
  • Differential
    Differential
    Wow ! What is that ??
    Is it something in chinese ?
  • kaveendra
    kaveendra
    he forum supports plugins and they do most of the job. Installing plugin/mod might require code changes, but not always.

==========================================

#-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • shanexuan
    shanexuan
    can anyone tell me how to add a post to ask question about the FYP?thanks a lot
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shanexuan
    can anyone tell me how to add a post to ask question about the FYP?thanks a lot
    For final year projects, please head over to : #-Link-Snipped-#

Regarding how to ask questions, please point to -

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, I am in a project where I have to Synchronize a small hydro power plant (40kW) with Low Transmission line (11kV). I need to design a panel to...
All regular CEans, While our other CE Projects are dormant :sleeping: , let's work on this small but very useful project. Problem: Lot of graduating students are clueless about the...
Hi, I am sorry if this thread looks irrelevant, Ive asked this query on various forums but found no answers. Moreover I couldnt find proper laptop query forums which answer...
Hi All, I guess we have openings for TELECOM DOMAIN. Requirements: Integration Engineers Experince 2-6 yrs Location:Bangalore Skills:C++ on Symbian and synergy TELECOM EXPERINCE:2-8 years work location:hyderabad/bangalore Roles:TM,PL,PM, Solution Architects,Domina...
The idea has just popped up in my head and I want to share it with you. Like all of you, I hate to sit idle while my computer boots....