How does an antivirus works?

Friends ,
I would like to know how does an antivirus works. I heard it exactly check the signature of the files. what exactly the signature is.? I have a doubt like if some application is a virus, then how can it able to check its signature and all..? Can we able to get the details of an application ? I meant most of the windows viruses will be in the .exe definition. I don't think we cannot able to get source code details or anything from an exe file, we cannot decode it. so how does this antivirus checks these files, and detect the viruses.

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    First of all, Virus is just some statements, block of code, often coded in Batch File Programming. 😀

About your question, well I think it just detects any harmful function used in the code, i.e. deletion of system files, restarting function made recursive, etc.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    All executable programs, including virus, are a segment of 0 and 1. You can write a program (say system call "del *.*") and see what does this translate into - this is virus signature. Then search all the executable files on your system and see if you see that pattern - this program is your anti-virus.
  • shibi raj
    shibi raj
    Thanks very much friends... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 11th list of Best Companies to work for in India as assessed by Business Today has been published. TCS leads the pack. https://in.finance.yahoo.com/photos/best-companies-to-work-for-in-india-1329482933-slideshow/
why complimentary solution and particular solution are used only in rl circuit? give me what is the significans of complimentary solution and particular solution
CEans, CE's servers run round the clock to serve you the the amazing content. Our servers need some rest and we'll be doing server maintenance during the late night hours...
Hey everyone I was wondering if you could show me how to solve a problem like this. An HSS 10x10x1/4 30 ft high is supporting a 10x10 ft billboard. There...
Have you heard of Flipkart Delivery of Cash initiative yet? Flipkart, India's largest online store has said that they've started the service so that you can get cash in hands...