How does amplifier work?

i was very much interested in electronics. i need to know how the transistor amplifier works. in no one book i was satisfied. plz help me

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    senthilr88
    i was very much interested in electronics. i need to know how the transistor amplifier works. in no one book i was satisfied. plz help me
    Look here, my friend: #-Link-Snipped-#

If you ask specific questions about amplifiers, we might be able to help. Don't lose interest in electronics.
  • vasanthmbs
    vasanthmbs
    which amplifier either by transistor or op-amp.........
  • Jivesh
    Jivesh
    The only problem in many books is that they don't tell the general idea of an amplifier. An amplifier is a device in which one of the output parametres(either voltage or current) is controlled by any one of the input parametres. The relation should be proportional, with the constant of proportionality represents the intrinsic gain of the amplifier. Now, we need devices which can implement such a control. In a BJT transistor, we have the output current controlled by the input current. Similarly, in MOSFET the output current is controlled by the input voltage. These devices are fabricated in such a way in which we can control the output parametres in the specified manner, as required in a transistor.
  • Sukesh
    Sukesh
    The main use of transistors is amplification. But how it accomplishes it is interesting.Just as you can drive a heavy vehicle using the a small force at the accelerator pedal(the actual power is given by the fuel,accelerator only guides its rate) transistors are controlled via their base region.A very small voltage at the base can make the collector voltage to vary similar to it. But the collector region has a different power source.So the collector output is larger.This takes place in the active operating mode of the transistor.For more clear idea refer the Electronics text by Bhargava.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI. I'm a student of electronic enginnering in the university of Quindio, Armenia, Colombia. I need to model the powerline by measuring, but I don't know any kind of models...
Hello everyone. I just stumbled into this board. Hope I could contribute to this community. 😀
hey guys this is my very first post well m student of mech engg i have assign to make any mini project related to strenght of materials or mechanics of...
hi every body , I need your assistance in operating systems subject​ ​ "I'm study "deadlock" , and i need Exercises with answer for ​ ​resource allocation graph " ,...
I m Mtech student , so plz help me out wat to make? if u have than plz send me Mining based project 😔