How does a SENSOR system works?

👎 Ho does a SENSOR system works?😳 ​

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    MDK
    👎 Ho does a SENSOR system works?😳 ​
    Can you please provide more details regarding your question.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    As a generic answer, various sensors are manufactured with materials that have some kind of relationship with voltage, resistance or other parameters.

For eg. an Infrared sensor could be made up of such a material whose resistance decreases when infrared light falls on it thus giving you an output in voltage which is proportional to the incident light.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sensors in general show a change in one characteristic as a function of the parameter that is measured. Though in instrumentation we generally consider an electrical output (Resistance, voltage or current), a sensor may have a mechanical, chemical or physical parameter change.
    An RTD shows a variation in resistance with temperature. Litmus paper changes colour with pH. A bimetal strip bends with temperature. A manometer changes level with pressure. And so on.
  • munesh kumar
    munesh kumar
    any type of sensor changes the physical quantities to proportional function of voltage,resistance,mechanical deformation,.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi... plz help me with a good and attractive resume.. i m a final year mechanical student.. also tell which subjects in area of interest would be easier for the...
do any one knows in deep about the ceed papers except that its a design test for post graduation???
I wish to understand the real difference between pressure and stress? Isn't it one and the same thing?
I want to do a project on Pavement distress modelling and its integration with GIS. Please suggest me the methodology.
please describe me the difference between hydrulic and pneumatic brakes apart from water and air functioning definition. What are the major automotive applications of both. what are advantages and disadvantages...