How does a media player work?

Dear freinds,
I would be very thankful of you if u can please tell me that how does a media player works....................and if i wan't to develop my own media player which language is best for that......... i m concerned about windows platform.
thank you.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Great question, can wait to read the responses from those in tech.
  • niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    meee to looking 4 reply on this topic ... any work have worked on this ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Niraj - please note that SMS text is not allowed on CE Forums.
  • karthie
    karthie
    Hi..
    I think you can create your own media player by using flash.... Action Script 3 will support to develop the media player...
  • xero
    xero
    Now since your concern is a windows platform, I think its better to go with C++ as your development platform. Now you don't need to think deep into "media playing" as such. Windows API can do this trick for you 😀

The current windows media player is based on windows API. So you can find a lot of tutorials on it.

All you have to do is focus on creating the interface 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone tell me the good topic in information retrieval......
I want to upload some pictures. How should i upload them? I saw there is an option by entering the URL of the picture, but the pictures are in my...
Hi Guys, Im Karthik doing my 4rth year, Mechanical Engineering in Bits Pilani, Goa and Im proficient in Softwares like Pro/E , Catia , Solidworks, Ansys, Ls Prepost , Ls...
hello,to everyone ,i'm a b.tech student and thanks for accepting me as a crazyengineer
The template protocol followed!! hey guys m Rashmi... *Engineering Trade: Electronics and telecommunication. *Occupation: student *Hobbies & Interests: Swimming , listening to music , reading novels , adventure sports ,skating...