How does a consumer product reach the market.

Now for example lets take light bulbs.

now how many hands does a batch of light bulbs change, when it is brought to the local electrical shops, from the manufacturer ?

can anyone here explain in detail ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Depends on the end buyer. For example, if defense canteen stores is the buyer, the manufacturer directly delivers stocks to the designated canteens after due processes of selection.
    The usual route is Manufacturing plant --> company stock depots --> wholesale dealer --> retailer --> consumer.

If the retailer is a big chain like Walmart, Bigbazaar or such chains, then it is Plant --> designated units of the chain.

If the manufacturer has their own retail chain, then plant --> company stock point --> company retail show room.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    A.V.Ramani
    If the manufacturer has their own retail chain, then plant --> company stock point --> company retail show room.
    Is Havells an example of this ? since we can see that a large number of showrooms called "havells galaxy" have popped up every where in the city.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    Is Havells an example of this ? since we can see that a large number of showrooms called "havells galaxy" have popped up every where in the city.
    That is right as also Prestige Smart Kitchen and many others.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are the steps to get patent for a new idea? How to make our ideas worthy?
In India (four handed) Krishna was the cow herd. In Australia a four wheeled robot 'Rover' seems to handle the job quite well. No flute though. Quote: A four-wheeled device,...
Great (Robert) Scott, what are these two up to? Lonely trek in Antarctica without any external physical support, Saunders and his companion Tarka L'Herpiniere are in the middle of a...
Not too sure if I would try this out. Thinking again, I might. I did have fun with my grand daughter on her birthday this August on the usual bouncy...
Almost every HR interview you will face will have "Why Should We Select You?" question. I present the best answer you can ever have in different situations.