How do I start a new private conversation in CE?

I think CE uses XenForo. There is a link "View Conversations". But if I visit some members profile, I do not see any option to start a conversation with him.

Has the Conversation facility been kept disabled?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I think your post counts need to improve before you can start any Private conversations here Friend

Pls keep posting and you will get to unlock additional features like your own signature and also the Private message feature

I think you need a minimum of 25 posts to be able to Private chat.

Happy postings here buddy #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Let's say I wanna start conversation with #-Link-Snipped-#

So, click on his profile, something like this will pop :

Click on "Start a conversation" & Something like this will pop :

Write the message & click on send.

PS : Some CEans have updated their privacy settings so that you won't be able to PM 'em who have changed their privacy settings.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It depends on who you are trying to start personal conversation with. Members can decide who on CE can start a personal conversation by setting appropriate option here - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • oprime
    oprime
    Abhishek Rawal
    Let's say I wanna start conversation with #-Link-Snipped-#

So, click on his profile, something like this will pop :

Click on "Start a conversation" & Something like this will pop :

Write the message & click on send.

PS : Some CEans have updated their privacy settings so that you won't be able to PM 'em who have changed their privacy settings.
    TE has the same forum software. I can see "Start Conversation" on every members profile there.

But in CE, I have not yet seen that option in any member's profile. Checked again just now. Whenever I click on #-Link-Snipped-# or #-Link-Snipped-# s profile picture, I am not being shown the "Start Conversation" option!!!
  • oprime
    oprime
    #-Link-Snipped-# I was thinking along the same lines. But I searched everywhere on CE. There are no threads anywhere which points to that information.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It depends on who you are trying to start personal conversation with. Members can decide who on CE can start a personal conversation by setting appropriate option here - #-Link-Snipped-#

Hello admin why you block me from this CE site,,,,!! Signature is not available and also i cant able to comment and reply...!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    oprime
    #-Link-Snipped-# I was thinking along the same lines. But I searched everywhere on CE. There are no threads anywhere which points to that information.
    The ability to start personal conversations is available only to those who've at least 15 posts on CE. We do this to stop the spammers who register on the site and then create personal conversations (spam) with several people. Such spammers go unnoticed until members report it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ganesh MSD
    Hello admin why you block me from this CE site,,,,!! Signature is not available and also i cant able to comment and reply...!!
    You haven't been banned. You were warned yesterday because all your posts linked to your blog (which is spamming). You have the ability to to create posts. The signatures will be enabled after you've completed 15 posts. Wait for 10 minutes for system to update itself and grant you the ability to create signature: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ganesh MSD
    You haven't been banned. You were warned yesterday because all your posts linked to your blog (which is spamming). You have the ability to to create posts. The signatures will be enabled after you've completed 15 posts. Wait for 10 minutes for system to update itself and grant you the ability to create signature: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now i got signature,,,!! Hereafter i'll not use link i ise only signature...!! THANKS
  • oprime
    oprime
    #-Link-Snipped-# Finally conversation options are enabled for me 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you experiencing slow Internet connection since last few days? Have you been cursing your Internet service provider for pathetic quality of service? Well, this time, it's not their fault...
Why have eight cylinders in an engine?Why not have one big cylinder of the same displacement of the eight cylinders instead?
* Over 6,000 new computer viruses are released every month. * The first computer mouse, constructed in 1964, was made out of wood.(by Doug Engelbart) * The average human being...
I am interesting to know about the automation systems (production line) and the machines that manufactures these products: solar cells, thin-film solar modules, display screens like: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD),...
Why is a flywheel named so? What are some of the most common uses of a flywheel?