How do I handle this? Need your help!

Differential
maxz
dear bro~!

i have doubts again for my fyp. its quite annoying becoz i meet my supervisor on my project today and he told me that it is not a best way to do my disc brake improvement becoz of my sunderland college in uk have a link to Nissan car company. And its spoken that they have many engineers to improve the braking system while why i shud improve again. wat should i do...

wat if the lecturer in uk asked me this question " why u need to improve and yet our college and Nissan has a link. and many engineers there trying to improve it?? "

and my answer to them would be " My improvement on the braking system is based on my knowledge and my research to do on my project. and i'm not comparing to the big company as it is seems to be. I just do it without thinking of any existing product which is almost perfect. I came out with this improvement is based on wat i believe."

can i answer to them with this? i could effort to change my idea again coz my prooject is already half way.

Please advise.
Hello Maxz,

I feel really sorry to hear that. IMHO, "If its alrady done or someone else is doing" should never be criteria of choosing a project. One should choose what he likes to do. Maybe you have ideas totally different than Nissan Engineers. Also it is nowhere expected that curriculam projects should be something which has never done before.

Its really difficuilt to say something at this stage. Ii would suggest put this topic on forum and see what others say.

Best,

Please give me ur comments. I really really bugged by my lecturer.

Replies

• Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Re: Need some comment. plz~!!! i

I say that if you really want to do this project then you should do it. It is your FYP and you will be the one doing the work. Does it matter if someone else is making something similar somewhere else.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to general help section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiee frnds 😎 my self vas frm mechanical ,wanted mini projects & main projects too. i'm doing my mini project in c++ .....programs like super market billing system ,empolyee details...
Hi guys, I am making ma project of Hospital managent system using C# as well as .NET in frontend and SQL server 2005 at backend. The problem is when I...
Guys, Post your presentation topics for IT/CS in this thread. 😁 We want awesome, completely new topics!
Dear friends, Please do share the event details of techfests organized by your college. 😀 . CE's one of the better platforms around to spread the word about your college...
how to assign serial number to report using any query or function in access???