Booting
  • dipen30
    dipen30
    thanx ms_cs
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    hi dipen ,

according to my knowledge

whenever we press the start button of system unit first the BIOS program run's
    and check how much ram is installed and all I/o devices are responding properly ,and if there is any new device attached than it will configure that device and after that BIOS determines the boot device by trying the list of devices stored in CMOS memory
    normally the hdd is choosed as the boot device and first sector of it is read into memory and executed these will contain the partition table and from that active partition is determined and secondry bootloader is read and these will read the operating system from that active partition and starts it.
  • ashutoshglamour
    ashutoshglamour
    when you turn your computer,booting process occur.
    simply boot means turn on.😁
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Il give you a very generalized answer. Beacuse a computer is nothing but a microprocessor sytem.

Thinking logically...

1. Any microprocessor system on Power on will first look for the monitor software.
    2. Logically the monitor software should be stored in some permanent storage system.
    For a 8085/8086/88 sytem it will PROM or even a microcontroller system.
    3. This monitor software contaains the basic instructions leading the microprocessor to the first ADDRESS of the memory location where the OS is stored.
    4. Then the BIOS, that is I/O mangement system loads, RAM is loaded with the most important and frequently used device drivers and parts of the OS, which will be required for it's operation.

Hope this helps

Regards...biswa
  • yogesh_dhiman
    yogesh_dhiman
    goto ur bios nd selectfirst boot device cd rom then u wil se ur pc will be boot
    for more information contact
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • betterangelsnow
    betterangelsnow
    my vote goes to the bios and #-Link-Snipped-# gave a good explanation above.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Go here and it may help you...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends , I am new to CE can any one tell me why we require device driver's .
hello friends " fiber optical power measurement without breaking it" think over it & let me know
i m Samiksha,studying S.Y.B.Tech. in Mechanical stream.I m in search of a good idea for my project.Please mail me if you have an intresting idea in your mind for a...
To keep the forum clean and make sure unruly behaviour is not encouraged, I suggest going in for a 3 strikes kinda rule. If you spam/abuse or break any other...
Hey can anyone comment if there is still demand for dot net developers.Also by the way what is WCF,WPF & MOSS???😎