How CE Looked in the Past

Once somebody visits CE, he may be under a false impression that such a good site was build in a single day! No it was not. A lot of patience, hard work and relentless effort has gone behind it.
On it's 6th Year anniversary, here is my gift to CE. "Down the Memory Lane" See how CE looked in the past

1. 26th December, after 1 month since it was established
CE
2. August 2006, VBulletin Script
CE_2006
3. CE in 2009
CE2009

Congratulation Dear K and Your Entire team for Taking CE to a place where it is today. an Information Hub.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh wow πŸ˜€ That's a nice find. I think I've screenshots from the past. A bit more about those screenshots -

1> The first screenshot shows CE's primary design. Back then, it was a simple phpBB based board running and all we had on CE was the forum on /forum. There was no VoiCE, no Small Talk and in fact; I had put up a small JS slideshow that quickly introduced CE and redirected users to /forum from the main domain.

2> phpBB was a good software (and it still is); but I figured out that it won't be an excellent choice in the longer run. vBulletin 3.x was out and it was an excellent forum software. It made perfect sense to move the site to vB. I studied a hell lot about the software and then finally made a switch. It was one of the best decisions I took in the history of CE. We witnessed lot of growth for the next few years.

3> The site's been through several design changes over the period. Our oldies know about it and have adopted it faster and still shower their love. It was towards the end of Feb 2010; we had a hacking attempt and major part of the site was compromised. Fortunately, user data remained intact. However, I made a decision that I regret - and that was migrating the forum to vBulletin 4.x. It looked like a correct step to take at that time but it looked more or less like a disaster. Although you see a nice design on the front; it's a pain in the ass to handle all the troubles it generates inside. I'd not say we didn't grow (in fact, the growth has been fantastic in the past few months). However, there are several issues that we must handle on regular basis.

4> We're already working on preparing ourselves for the next step and I'm super excited about it. More details, when the right time comes πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Rupam: Thanks a ton for sharing this.

Having seen the growth closely from the beginning, this trip down the memory lane was awesome!

I am a
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    very Good Rupam. That was a nice Gift to CE πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way, we'll celebrate our 6[sup]th[/sup] anniversary.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    The_Big_K
    By the way, we'll celebrate our 6[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary.
    Yeah....... I always manage to be stupid with my typos and quickies!...... Rectifying that.

BTW, Integrated Ideas will celebrate it's 8th Anniversary on 11th November. I think all great thing started in the month of November! πŸ˜€
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Dear K, I am unable to edit any post of mine!!!!!! Is it a technical hitch? Like there is no edit option in the posts.......................... OMG
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rupam Das
    Yeah....... I always manage to be stupid with my typos and quickies!...... Rectifying that.

BTW, Integrated Ideas will celebrate it's 8th Anniversary on 11th November. I think all great thing started in the month of November! πŸ˜€
    Typo corrected Rupam. πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This came in the mail. A very interesting (and probably time wasting) exercise. Technology running wild. Quote:[TABLE] [TR] [TD][TABLE] [TR] [TD][TABLE] [TR] [TD][TABLE] [TR] [TD]WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IS...
left pc with proteus :===:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ==:right pc and compim and :=== left rs232txd pin ---------------------------- right rs232rxd pin ==: with proteus rs232 port connected :== left rs232rxd pin -----------------------------right rs232txd...
Hello CEans, Here is the Public Chart for CE-Grand Quiz, We will keep updating Daily Winner as well as Leader Board. Daily Winners​[TABLE] [TR] [TD]Day [/TD] [TD]CEan [/TD] [TD]CE-Coins [/TD]...
Big k - nothing offensive against Varsha and I respect your decision but didnt she just write the answer firstly . And after that she explained it.in another post. This...
Hello CEans, Congratulate Daily and Leader Board Winner of CE- Grand Quiz here. Here is the Public Chart :- https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...art-crazyengineers-grand-quiz.html#post189561