How Can We Make A Grass Cutter.

Please help me to make a grass cutting machine.
What all things will be necessary,
Which type of motor,blades,fuel which can be used to operate it,etc......

Replies

• lal
    lal
    I am not sure about the blades.
    But i think, ordinary induction motor will be enough for this purpose. And since its electric motor, electricity may ofcourse be used to power it. Then there should be a firm metallic frame that is insulated from the user. And also a protective cover over the blades. This should be the basic and most important parts i guess.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You must be aware that hundreds of thousands of various injuries are caused by existing grass cutting tools across the world. All these conform to applicable safety standards. This is a serious business and not to be undertaken lightly. I would strongly recommend that you study the applicable standards and safety requirements for such equipment before embarking on the design.
    It is very difficult to design the hardware first and add on safety afterwards.
  • lal
    lal
    But when starting from nothing, sir, i think its not possible to make out all the possible accidents and problems.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is right. However, if you are planning to become a design engineer, it is better to get into the habit of finding out what standards are applicable and match them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BMW is giving its customers a way to look like geek. It allows the use of an app called MINI which displays information about your car, engine performance, navigation system...
Scientists have related two bizarre things. The spider silk and Musical composition. A rare branch of mathematics called Ontology Logs or ologs was responsible for it. Amazed? Read on! Ontology...
I need help in selecting fpga kit for my project.. Also cost details in chennai..
Hi, I am B.Tech (IT) 2010, from Rajasthan Technical University (Not well known). I want to do MS in either Embedded Systems or Robotics from UK or US University. My...
hi friends.. am doing prefinal year BE in mechanical stream.. i've planned to construct an compressed air engine which can able to propel a two wheeler.. i strucked with the...