how can I use DDR RAMS together?

I 've got two rams,one of is 256MB RAM another is 1 GB .But that ram does n't work together on my main board 😕.What is the problem?Anybody can help me pls!

operation system:WXP
processor :Ä°ntel P4 3.00 GHHz
main board:ASUS

by the way, there are 4 slot on my main board......

regards

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    hi eski_komut,
    since you have four slots in ur main board, it seems to be a dual channel main board. But whatever may be the case, for two rams to work together on a main board, they must match. ie, their frequencies, type of memory and everything should match. It's better if both rams are from the same manufacturer.
    For example, the frequency of one of them might be 333 MHz and that of the other may be 533 MHz. If that's the case, then they won't go together and you will have to change any one. There are various other parameters which must also match when using more than one ram in a board. See if everything matches, and if they match and still they can't be used together, then there's a problem with your board.
  • mahul
    mahul
    hey silver scorpion as far as i know, the frequencies of two rams need not always match for both to be used together. i have friends using 533MHz and 667MHz rams side by side and their system works fine. i even have a friend who uses a 266MHz, 128mb and a 400MHz, 512mb ram simulataneously and his system too works fine. Actually motherboard manufacturers specify their mainboard memory compatibility issues about the restrictions when using multiple memories, eski u can check out the datasheets for ur mainboard on the net for furthur details or specify them here so that ceans can check it out for u.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I dont know how many of you know this, but today someone told me that CE was mentioned in the Economic Times sometime back. Biggie, is it true? If so,...
Office 2007 License Generator
Hello all, I am using four dc motors for my robot and to control them, i use L293D or L298. I want to know if there's an ic capable of...
Hi all, There's a tech fest coming up and one of the events is aero modelling. Here, we've to build a glider out of aluminium or balsa. There'll be a...
Hi all, Cell phone batteries can be a curse at times. Just when you need to use your cell phone most, your battery will definitely die. Stranded in the middle...