how can i intereact with os's kernel in c language

I wish to know how can i interact with Operating System's kernel in C programming language?

Replies

• KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Which OS? Linux? MacOSX? Windows? Android?

What are you trying to do?
    Are you writing a software application and are hindered by a specific problem?
    Just getting information from a running system?
    Trying to change system's behavior?

Are you sure you need to interact with the kernel? Maybe there's a high-level library call that's a simple way to do whatever you're trying to do.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Russians have unveiled plans for a commercial hotel in Near earth orbit. Hot meals prepared on earth, luxurious accommodation, zero gravity of course and a wide angle view of space....
Name: Sailaja Engineering Trade: ECE Location: Visakhapatnam Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: programming, interacting with friends, reading books Aim in life: to be a good ece scientist cum lecturer I...
As we see there are lot of meaningless Poll on every new introduction post. How if we remove Poll Option from this section? Is it possible?
Google is on it's path of excellence. It has introduced 1Gbps Internet service and TV service in Kanas City allowing the users to search live channels, Netflix, YouTube, recorded shows...
This is Jaspal, signing in from Dehradun, India. I want to ask a question about mech engineering - It is : what is pmm first and second kind of machine?...