How can a email in your resume decide your future?

Good morning to all CEans .
As I am pursuing my final year in automobile engineering I want to know how can a email id creates a impression on a fresher.
#-Link-Snipped-#
Please say whether this mail id is ok or not. If it was csarathkumar.auto@gmail. Can it create a better chance?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One of the candidates I interviewed had his email like : rocking-rascal1986 😁. The interview began like this -

"So, Mr. Rocking Rascal; how are you today?"

😁

We then spent some time discussing the importance of clean and professional looking email ID. His argument was that the 'clean' email for his ID was not available. I then showed him a few options available for his name right there on the computer screen.

We've been offering cleaner looking email IDs on CrazyEngineers.net domain. Over 100 CEans have been actively using it!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    CSK AUTO
    As I am pursuing my final year in automobile engineering I want to know how can a email id creates a impression on a fresher.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Please say whether this mail id is ok or not. If it was csarathkumar.auto@gmail. Can it create a better chance?

Why not just keep it #-Link-Snipped-#? - this is more professional.

You can also do one thing - create an e-mail ID in Outlook (the new hotmail). There, you'll find an option to add 'alias' e-mail addresses to your existing account.

For eg:

if my e-mail ID is #-Link-Snipped-#, I can create upto 10 aliases for this account such as:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

All these e-mail IDs will have just one main user account! However, this option is not available on g-mail.

etc....

You can use these alias IDs for professional use with your wacky mail ID itself (only on Outlook)

P.S: The e-mail IDs mentioned are not my real IDs, so don't bother mailing.
  • baddys
    baddys
    anoopthefriend
    Why not just keep it #-Link-Snipped-#? - this is more professional.

You can also do one thing - create an e-mail ID in Outlook (the new hotmail). There, you'll find an option to add 'alias' e-mail addresses to your existing account.

For eg:

if my e-mail ID is #-Link-Snipped-#, I can create upto 10 aliases for this account such as:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

All these e-mail IDs will have just one main user account! However, this option is not available on g-mail.

etc....

You can use these alias IDs for professional use with your wacky mail ID itself (only on Outlook)

P.S: The e-mail IDs mentioned are not my real IDs, so don't bother mailing.
    yahoo also provides aliasing facility.
  • mail154
    mail154
    CSK AUTO
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I Think It May Make A Impression. Do Get A Better Email-ID,With Your Real name,Look for getting it with your initials or adding your father name or With your branch name or something technically related to it. So It Would Look Professional .But more often its not available. The Real Thing is Sometimes i get tired on getting the message "the user name is taken already,try with the different one"..I angrily type something without looking and i get same message 😁..I suggest a field related account name..better try other email clients too...
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Keep it as close to your real name as possible to look more professional. e.g. first.last, first_last or something similar.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CE T-Shirts are long due and with the arrival of easy to use 'Play' t-shirt design tool from Alma Mater, I think we can look to design great t-shirts for...
Google Maps is awesome and the only issue with using Google maps is that it always requires you to have your data connection on. The best way to use Google...
In a Game i won 12 games, each game if i loose will give you 1 chocolate,you have 8 chocolates how many games played? This is a question in infosys...
The famous opensource 3D modelling software,Blender has released it's version 2.68 with major changes. Blender 2.68 contains huge enhancements & fixes. Some of the included features & enhancements are mentioned...
Smartphone maker XOLO has announced Q-Series phones in India's Land Of God, Kerala. The company announced three phones, Q600, Q700 & Q800 and has partnered with Aldous Glare Trade &...