How boomerangs work in zero gravity

Quote:
If you've ever wondered just what part gravity plays upon a boomerang, then you're in luck. Japanese astronaut and International Space Station crew member Takao Doi once brought a boomerang aboard the station for testing. The verdict: you don't need gravity to generate aerodynamic lift. You just need air.
Endquote

I used to have lots of fun with boomerangs when a kid, even when it hit my friend's grand dad on the back. The video of zero gravity performance is fascinating.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Shivani Tathe
    Shivani Tathe
    Never thought of smthng like this... really facinating... 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think i really found a paradise for me.This is the first time I think i am getting an opportunity to mean real manic crazy fab and lords of engineering.😉...
How do you like the idea of diverting the path of lightning strikes so that they don't hit the buildings? Engineers and optical researchers at the University of Arizona and...
The newly introduced Ingenic Newton chip is all set to power the Android wearables in the coming days. The chip is able to achieve really good power consumption figures at...
FIFA 2014 is heading to an innovative start that will mark the end of era of the wheelchairs. On Jun 12, 2014 a young paraplegic Brazilian will get up from...
If you're a true crazy engineer at heart, you must've found it very difficult to adjust in the corporate world. The long, boring meeting where the "sense" part is talked...