how about giving rights to ceans to edit the title of the thread

Sometimes I want to change the title as we editing the post, but it is restricted.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes ms_cs..I agree with you..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, I dont think giving rights to everyone to change titles of threads will be a good idea. Some restrictions should be in place.. Currently, I believe mods and the admin have that right. I'm not sure about the ambassadors.

Anyhow, if such rights were to be given to members, some conditions have to be put forth such that, only members above certain post count can change titles and so on.. Such thing is a must, I feel..
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    The goal of the original poster is that the author of a post be able to correct or improve the title of a post as well as edit the body of the text. So the proposal is not for other members to be able to change it.

I see only minor objections to this. It might invalidate links that have been made to the thread. The major consideration is whether the software that the forum uses can handle such edits.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ms_cs
    Sometimes I want to change the title as we editing the post, but it is restricted.
    The right to edit the title of any thread is with the mods and the admin. Members can't change the title of the thread because the titles directly affect our SEO (listing in search engines).

We usually do not edit titles unless absolutely necessary.

If you want the title to be edited, please get in touch with mods through messages on their profiles. 😀
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yeah, good solution Biggie. I would guess correct spelling would improve SEO?
  • socialnet123
    socialnet123
    silverscorpion
    Well, I dont think giving rights to everyone to change titles of threads will be a good idea. Some restrictions should be in place.. Currently, I believe mods and the admin have that right. I'm not sure about the ambassadors.

Anyhow, if such rights were to be given to members, some conditions have to be put forth such that, only members above certain post count can change titles and so on.. Such thing is a must, I feel..
    Thanks for your ideas. I will come back and see how it goes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone give me a list of topics for my mini project (Electrical and Electronics Eng.)?
Hey there lads! I am planing on picking up pic and learn it. Anyone can tell me what programmer kit for pic is the best out there to buy? I...
Microsoft Security Essentials for XP 1.0.1611 Size: 8.62MB Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Microsoft Security Essentials...
The output should be like: Q1. some text here Q2. some text here Q3. some text here Q4. some text here Q5. some text here Can this be done using...
how to protect the system? 1 -atch all the security holes 2:-Encrypt important data. 3: Donot run unused daemon(background programmes) 4:-Remove unused setuid/setgid program. 5:-set up loghost How can we...