How about chemical eng books?

Hey guys! How you doing?

Could somebody please help me in a question? 😉

Well, I'm an undergraduate majoring in chemical engineering and I saw these publications with a great discount for university students. They seem to be good tools for understanding economics surrounding chemical process technologies.

I want to know If any one have heard of these publications or bought them already. Are they good?

Here's the name of some publications and the press release that I saw.

Propylene Production from Methanol
Technology Economics Program Q2 2012
Intratec Solutions LLC

Propylene Production via Propane Dehydrogenation
Technology Economics Program Q2 2012
Intratec Solutions LLC

#-Link-Snipped-#

Thank you already! 😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The books seem to be based on a few case studies. From the limited description given it is difficult to assess how widely the given conclusions are applicable. Being an economics study based on actual manufacturing facilities, the data may have commercial value, which may explain the high list price and the large discount offered for academic people.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The link you've provided points to 404 page.
  • Kate Smith
    Kate Smith
    Thanks for answering my topic, bioramani 😀

But, do you think that these books could help me in the future? For work or graduate consulting? Considering that the knowledge of economics surroundings could put me at advantage compared to others that don't have the same information.

[edit] I don't know what happened to the link, but anyway, i found another one:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Tks for the notification!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kate Smith
    do you think that these books could help me in the future? For work or graduate consulting? Considering that the knowledge of economics surroundings could put me at advantage compared to others that don't have the same information.
    Such books are certainly useful and give a professional edge to a person. However, they are topical and the info may get outdated. If one gets the basic info and keeps updating it, it will certainly help keep one at the cutting edge for consultancy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Doing mechanical engineering. Hope to have a great time in this community.
I have wondered many times, what should I use for designing a website - Fluid or a Fixed layout? My heart always wanted to have the fluid layout, but the...
Gmail SMS Lets You Send & Receive Mails As SMS In Ghana, Nigeria & Kenya Firefox 14 Download Available – ‘Secure Search’ And More Panasonic Lumix’s Latest Cameras LX7, G5,...
last year my friend got his new bike, a Honda cb twister, and he invited me for a test-drive . the snazzy looks of the tank and cowl were appealing,...
Belts as we all know are made of rubber. maybe it can be that these things are first casted as strips and then the ends of these strips are cemented...