Honor Pad 2 Tablet Launched In China - Features 3GB RAM And 4800 mAh Battery

At Huawei's recent launch event in China, the company has unveiled its latest Android tablet called 'Honor Pad 2'. The grand launch witnessed the arrival of two other flagship devices from Huawei, namely - the Honor 6X smartphone and the Honor Watch S1. Though the company still hasn't listed the new devices on its global website, we now have details about the tech specs of its various new arrivals. What particularly caught our attention was the 'Honor Pad 2' - a tablet that comes in 3 variants - 16 GB Wi-Fi Only, 32 GB Wi-Fi Only and 32 GB 4G, priced at CNY 999, CNY 1299 and CNY 1499 respectively. Let's take a look at the tab's top features.

Honor_Pad_2

Featuring an 8 inch FHD display with an IPS panel, the Honor Pad 2 brings an Octa Core Snapdragon 616 processor under the hood along with a powerful 3 GB RAM. There are two storage options as mentioned earlier - a 16 GB and a 32 GB variant.

On the camera front, there's an 8 megapixel snapper on the rear and a 2 megapixel front camera. The rear camera features LED flash support as well. Running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the latest from Google, the Honor Pad 2 tablet packs a strong 4800 mAh battery that should last the user for more than half a day on single charge.

Among the connectivity options, depending upon the variant you buy, you have WiFi or 4G connectivity at will. The two colour variants: White and Gold make the tablet stand out. Details about the tablet's thickness and form factor are not yet out. Thanks to the CPU, the tablet should support USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0, a Quick Charge 2.0 technology and NFC. These features will be confirmed only when Huawei decides to list the tablet on its global websites.

What are your thoughts about the new tablet? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Amit Jha
    Amit Jha
    After going through the specs of Honor Pad 2 - I believe it has decent features but at a very high price. The processor, Camera and Memory specification as mentioned are similar to smartphones available now these days. However, if launched at a budget price in India, this tablet could receive likes of few who are interested in owning devices with large screen. Otherwise for me, I will prefer a small screen device with similar specification and give it a miss.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The downside of auto design. quote: Some cars were born to fail. Long before their initial production runs rolled off the line, they were endowed with unreliable engines, sloppy suspensions,...
The government recently announced the admission of one regional language other than Hindi and English on every mobile handset starting July 2017. Now this move has come as part of...
i just want to know how to calculate the quantities for concrete esp soil excavation and back fill and for steel too i mean the fastest possible way to do...
Born in Patna in 1989, Mohit Kumar had a chance to roam across the world from a very young age as his father's work took their family to lots of...
A bet on life – incorporating a full-fledged laboratory inside a smartphone, this is how the world seems to reciprocate the upcoming application, ready to vanquish Cancer. A group of...