CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ambarish Ganesh • 02 Jun, 2014 • 4 likes
Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) has officially confirmed the launch of the new Honda Mobilio MPV in India next month. Based on the Brio hatchback platform, this seven-seater multi-purpose-vehicle is developed specially for Asian countries, and shall be rolled out of Honda's production factory in Greater Noida. Mobilio is Honda's first MPV in India, but they've a strong global legacy with Odyssey, Freed and Stepwagon.

2014_Honda_Mobilio

The Mobilio MPV is comparatively larger than its market competition Maruti Ertiga, with a 4.4 meter length and a ground clearance of 185mm. Even the interiors are spacious with comfortable in-house seating, and the company claims that even with this spacious cabin the MPV won't stand out as huge and could be easily parked. The Mobilio gets the 1.5-liter petrol and diesel engines (same as on Honda City, but with different tuning). The engine shall be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission, and the petrol engine shall also enjoy an option of an automatic CVT box.
Interior-Honda-Mobilio

For its size and design, Moiblio should feature somewhere between Toyota Innova and the Ertiga, thus creating a new sub-category in India's MPV-segment. The estimated price of this MPV is in the bracket of Rs 7 lakh to Rs 11 lakh.
@Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran • 02 Jun, 2014 • 1 like At this decent package, I bet Honda mobillo would be acting a good competitor as you had mentioned . Honda has its own fan following and this will add more to it.
@Aditya Deshmukh • 02 Jun, 2014 • 1 like Brio+Jazz+CR-V=MOBILIO
@Vikram S Bargah • 02 Jun, 2014 Point of attraction are
1. Better interior space and comfortable third-row seating.(Most Important as its competitor Ertiga's third row is made to accommodate only for kids.)
2. Best-in-class ground clearance of 185mm.
3. Brand - Honda technology.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 28 Jul, 2014 The official price list is out -

Petrol Version: Rs. 6.83 lakh - Rs. 9.86 lakh (Ex. Showroom)
Diesel Version: Rs. 8.25 lakh - Rs. 11.31 lakh (Ex. Showroom)
@Bella Edward • 14 Dec, 2014 Yep ! Its been launched online too on autoportal.com
7.8k views

Related Posts

@ErAnushka · Aug 19, 2012

Hi, I need a little help over here. I'm new to this site and I've no idea where to find study material. Anyone have "Notes" for this subject? I badly...
3.9k views

@Ambarish Ganesh · Sep 25, 2013

Though there's still time for Apple to finally launch its latest iPhone 5S in Indian market, fanboys can own it now for an asking price of Rs 65,000 to Rs...
3.8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 10, 2014

Is there a way to add more than 50 members to whatsapp group? A lot of casual visitors to CrazyEngineers use contact us form to ask this question to us...
4.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 6, 2015

In November 2012, a loyal member of CrazyEngineers Community @Manish Goyal (a Computer Science Engineer) asked a simple question 'How does TrueCaller work? and we all started discussing how we...
3.5k views

@Anil Jain · Jul 6, 2013

WhatsApp is one of the most popular free communication app. WeChat's popularity is increasing day by day, even they are spending crores on Advertisement. Recently 'Line' another free app has...
22.4k views