CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 08 Oct, 2014
We've been comparing various 110cc scooters available in India for about Rs. 50,000 and have narrowed down on Honda Activa i and TVS Zest. Both the scooters are lightweight, offer good mileage, are easy to manage (put on the main stand), offer electric start et al.

I'm personally inclining towards the TVS Zest because of the few points (IMHO) where it scores over the Activa i. I think the Zest has a better storage under the seat and more leg-room for the rider. Plus looks wise - Zest seems to be more stylish than Activa i.

Engine Comparison -

Honda Activa i :
  • 109.2 cc
  • 8 PS Power
  • 8.74 Nm Torque
Scooty Zest:
  • 109.7 cc
  • 8 PS Power
  • 8.7 Nm Torque
Overall - there's not much of a noticeable difference; provided I'm not missing out on something very important.

For me, the things come down to overall maintenance of these scooters. Would love to have a word from the current owners and general reviews / opinions. Thanks!
9k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Mar 7, 2015

As India is facing the burning question of whether or not the BBC Documentary 'India's Daughter' should have been banned or not, folks over at UST Global have taken some...
8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 10, 2013

Following the leads by Airtel & Reliance Jio, Aircel could be the next mobile network operator in India to launch 4G services. The operator is currently testing the network in...
4.4k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Jul 23, 2014

What do you get if you downgrade the specs of Nokia Lumia 630 and target it for the budget audience? You get the new Nokia Lumia 530. The first offering...
7.1k views

@Gaurav Dahake · Mar 6, 2014

Gaurav Dahake submitted a new project: BuyHatke Browser Add On For Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - A revolutionary hack for getting the best price always I am an engineer...
5.9k views

@selva ganesh · Aug 6, 2012

hi friends, please suggest some innovative paper presentation topics in CSE .
6.2k views