Jeffrey Arulraj
    Get an armature

Wind it with Cu coil

Better determine the number of poles you are going to fit

Casing for protection

Protection for surge current and stuff also must be there
  • lal
    lal
    Do you mean you would like to make one at home?
  • satty lavanya
    satty lavanya
    lal
    Do you mean you would like to make one at home?
    yes....i want to make it in my home
  • lal
    lal
    That would be a really interesting project. It would be quite a challenge to make an induction motor that could actually be used for some purpose. But, to make a machine which works on the same principle as that of induction motors would not be a tough task.

Check this video. It is probably the simplest induction motor ever made!
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    The first author of this post has not shown the reason why he wants to make induction motor at home and whether an experimental one or to be used to drive some appliance. However he may use a stator of an old fan from scrap to have an hands on experience on rewinding a motor.

The video shown above in one of the posts shows experimental Induction motor based on split phase principle. I made a similar motor in my school days using a shaded pole principle. The only thing I did was instead of taking two nails (bolts) with windings on it and one of the windings with a capacitor in series, I had used an U shaped stack of stampings for making core (you can get U shaped stampings from an old tube light choke). While having the driving winding in the centre of the U, on one of the ends of the U I had a heavy copper wire short circuited band. It could drive an inverted drinking water glass made of copper (we had one at our home then) over a pivot. No capacitor is needed. The motor works on shaded pole principle.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Think innovation is hard? Well, it's just about finding simplest technical solutions to the most generic problems people face. With mobiles having invaded our lives, what could be a better...
A train speeding at 1000 kmpH inside a tube sounds an exciting engineering exercise. A tad claustrophobic perhaps. Even if technologically feasible, will it be a commercial success? It may...
Ubuntu Edge ,the dream phone for every geek. Canonical's Ubuntu Edge can dual-boot Latest Android & Ubuntu Touch OS. (Canonical was working on this since January 2012). Moreover, the phone...
A scheme for adding a TFT-LCD screen to your next Arduino Project can be seen here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Your-Image-on-an-Arduino-TFT-LCD-Screen-Guide/?ALLSTEPS
How to Drive equations for an assignment problem in operation research? I mean to say if i solve a problem as https://www.zeepedia.com/read.php?as...ignment_problem_operations_research&b=66&c=37 through some method say "Hungarian Method" then i...