Home Appliances & Power Consumption

Is there is really a need to replace Old Home Applainces to reduce power consumption ?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Maybe . Because some old appliance don't use power saving technologies or green technology.
    For eg, its been noticed that CRT consumes more power than LEDs, so i think yeah mostly all old-school appliances needs replace in order to save power.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Induction cook tops deliver 95% energy to the cooking vessel. The good old hotplate delivers about 60%. If you include the start up delay and the residual heat in the coil after switching off it is even less. It certainly makes sense to change the hot plate. This may not be true for mixer/blenders. The new ones are power guzzlers. If the old one works, best leave alone.
    Micro wave ovens deliver about 70 - 75 %. The rest goes in the electronics. The newer ones are not much better. Does not seem to make sense in changing.
    Dish washers are a luxury. Water wasters. For small families hand washing may be better. Washing machines are better now. Less power and water.
    One has to remember that ringing out the old also means eWaste.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Thanks for your vital feedbacks, I personaly feel if we can concentrate little on maintenance we can save atleast 10% power consumption,grounding at homes are very poor and there is no periodic maintenance of applainces,secondly, we can also use the applainces according to it specs avoid over-loading as well as over-suing them....looking forward to your comments
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Also try to consider leakage power in every equipment used in your house . This occurs only when there is improper grounding of any component

PS This can be noted more significantly if your Speakers are connected to sockets having no ground feature

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had compared sensitivity of three high-end devices from Apple,Samsung & HTC. I was surprised to found Apple had the best responce, compare to Samsung and HTC,ironically Samsung is one...
I don't have enough energy to do this, 😡 I already worked hard for few weeks.😀 The problem is that I need some time to take rest, I can't just...
The old crystal radio set generated its own power. The bicycle dynamo harvests pedal power for the head light. The thermopile generates enough power for the control electronics from the...
sir i am a final year ee student.i have been given a final year project on "monitoring of power theft and informing the substation if power theft occurs and breaking...
Many of us would have this question. Themes are found everywhere, but what about theming in our own websites? We have desktop themes, wordpress themes, even themes for our mobile...