hole location on plate

can any body tell me how to calculate the position of hole from the edge of any plate ,,,,how to calculate it and wat is the thumb rule for the same..

Replies

• slugger
    slugger
    could be a little more specific? you could locate a hole by fixing the location of its center, which could be specified by stating its distance from 2 perpendicular edges of the plate. However if you need the locate the hole for CNC machining, procedure could be a little different - you need to provide more info.
  • akash_mech
    akash_mech
    i think i was not clear on my doubt..
    my doubt was,,,,, whenever we design some tools or same some mechanical frames.....then we need to specify the hole location......at the edges of plate or frame,,,so i wanted to know whether is their any thumb rule to find the location,,
    i just want to know the thumb rule,, other method of doing the same,,,i know .

thank you
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    akash_mech
    i think i was not clear on my doubt..
    my doubt was,,,,, whenever we design some tools or same some mechanical frames.....then we need to specify the hole location......at the edges of plate or frame,,,so i wanted to know whether is their any thumb rule to find the location,,
    i just want to know the thumb rule,, other method of doing the same,,,i know .

thank you
    I hope it depends on the thickness of the plate and the place you're going to use ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The main purpose of this project is to detect explosions using radar,that will be helpful to avoid major accidents. Firstly we are using : 1] explosive detector radar to detect...
US Dollar has it. Japanese Yen has it. European Euro has it. Indian Rupee will soon have it. When Europe adopted 'Euro', the cost of implementation of the symbol was...
I wish our CEan SAFWAN a Very Very Happy Birthday. ๐Ÿ˜ Many More Happy Returns of the Day ! Enjoy your Birthday. ๐ŸŽ‰ :myparty::myparty: ๐ŸŽ‰ PS : Where are you...
Hi all, I've just completed B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics. I dont know what should i do nxt.. I mean, at first i'd an idea to go for daily wages...
Our goal is to come up with a table/graph showing the approximate heat transfer coefficients (HTC) of AISI 52100 steel in Chevron Quenching Oil 70 or E.F. Houghton Quench-G. We...