Higher bit error rate - BPSK or QPSK

Hii all,

Which one has higher bit error rate, BPSK or QPSK? Lets say got two similar communication system, one uses BPSK, another uses QPSK, which one will give higher error rate?

Thank you..

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    If coherent detection is used to detect and demodulate the signal at the receiver, then both BPSK and QPSK have the same bit error rate for a given bit energy.

But in BPSK, each symbo; has only one bit and in QPSK, each symbol consists of 2 bits.
    Which means that, though the bit error rate may be the same, QPSK is more efficient than BPSK.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am new here and i need a bit of help...i am a 2nd year computer science sutdent and looking forward for summer training this vaction...i am interested in internet...
Haii.. hello to all, I found this forum very useful and informative~ Now that I'm an aspiring Computer Engineer soon, My Prof decided to gave us some cool projects like...
I need to assemble a lifting device,X shaped,each arm of the 'X' (one of four arms) 1 met long,or it's multiple. A drum shaped load,1000 kgs or it's multiple is...
Hiiii, In a Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum system which one have stronger effect on the transmitted signal - rayleigh fading, rician fading or gaussian noise? Thank you...
How to add Atinav jar file .from where to download the Atinav jar file?