high to low voltage dilemma

hi guys,I am developin an instruments which accepts high voltage as its input,but when I am trying to reduce the voltage using a voltage divider with increse in voltage i am lsoing my accuracy i have tried to amplify it but everytime i had to adjust the gain,it is crucial to me as the input will be fed to the controller board and final results will be depended on this input.

Replies

• frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    sauravgoswami
    hi guys,I am developin an instruments which accepts high voltage as its input,but when I am trying to reduce the voltage using a voltage divider with increse in voltage i am lsoing my accuracy i have tried to amplify it but everytime i had to adjust the gain,it is crucial to me as the input will be fed to the controller board and final results will be depended on this input.
    Though I dont understand exactly what you are looking for I wll still try to answere you.
    If you need to reduce the voltage you can use transformer too.
    And to improve on accuracy you can use feedback path.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Can you provide more details to what development you are looking into to help you in some way
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Ok let it make simple,I am integarting a High voltage probe with a device which injects high voltage,and to process the result,i need that high voltage probe to sence the voltage,which reduce it to equivalent voltage,which I can feed to my controller board consisting of DSP,and then display the result,but my problem is as the voltage goes above 1Kv,accuracy shoots from 0.5% to 1% and goes on incresing,hence I cannot claim the accuracy of my device...hope you understand
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Just a suggestion

Try to step down the high voltage to a level 220V through auto transformer & further reduce it to your desired voltage.

cant say how much it will help you
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    definately, i will try to do it!!!
  • vasanthmbs
    vasanthmbs
    the first thing is to calculate the voltage needed for components in the controller board & then use some electronics components (viz... mobile phone charger converts 230v to 3v as tis 3v is dc)...
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I welcome your suggestion definately I can use your logic!!!
  • vasanthmbs
    vasanthmbs
    you can use phase attuenators , i thinks it is correct element to control voltage... and it will give supply to every component at required voltage.......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ash and I had the following conversation at the CE-Conference. The story is incomplete but has a great potential. So my fellow CEans treat this as a challenge and complete...
i had this doubt of how data could be written onto RFID tags and also is it possible to overwrite this data easily? because most of the sites give info...
i have this doubt of how data can be written onto the RFID tags, also how easy is it to overwrite this data. because most of the sites offer info...
1 ,11, 21, 1211, 111221,-------- What will be the next number in this sequence... Don't google for the answer.just try it out.
We are using 10 MVA 110/11 kv Transformer for 6 MW power plant. The transformer relay setting has given (7sj621 siprotech siemens multifunctional relay) CT ratio 75 / 1 A...