hi-tech cell phone

there is a query in my mind is it possible to design a cell phone with a small interpretor fit inside which can convert the languages. for example suppose i'm making a call to france, my local language gets converted into french through the interpretor and the other person hears my voice in french and vice versa.
can you please clarify this?????😕

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, what you ask for is very difficult to accomplish.

Language translators are available, but mostly, they take voice as input and return text in some other language as output.

Or, text input and text output.

If you want the device to translate your language to another language, and also modulate the signal with your voice, I guess that won't be easy.

I reckon some kind of Digital signal processing can help you do this, but that's it.

That said, I'm also very interested in this and am curious as to how this can be made possible.
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    i don't think this is possible unless we manage to delay the signals, realtime translation implies that we are able to predict what you are about to say.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which is better webmining or grid computing to do a project, ? I am interested in both. But want to know which one has good value in software field.
Wrote a sudoku solver. It does solve some sudokus (may be "easy" level) but gets stuck while solving few sudokus giving user multiple options for one cell and continues if...
Here i am going to show some Crop Circle images... among them mostly are really puzzle for scientist who made it? no one knows i read one article on that...
Hey CEans how many of you are aware of the listings of the India Budget 09-10.. Among great expectations Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister of Congress 2 released the budget that...
hey all the pro's engineer out there, i am a degree student doing a final project. My group is doing the whole AGV for a FMS. The automated guided vehicle...