Hi, Recommend books for novice in electrical engineering

Hi guys. First I would like to say I do not have a degree in any thing. I am currently a student interested in becoming an electrical engineer. I am very interested and I have built a few small projects with "breadboards" I think my dad called them.(my dad works in high tech so I get access to stuff like that) Any way my question is: Do you have any advice for some one who is interested in electrical engineering. Eg. good books to read, projects to try, any thing like that.

- thanks alot to all answers.
-Josh

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE Josh. Your thread is being moved to Electrical engineering section.

Yep, breadboard is the right name. For projects, go through following section: #-Link-Snipped-#

Could you share the projects you've built on your own so far? We can then recommend more projects that you can try.
  • engineer1
    engineer1
    First of all sorry Big K for posting in the wrong section. Some of the projects I have done are: A buzer and led light timer, an alarm clock, and some toying around with a phone circut. (I was trying to substitute the circut that turns on the buzer with a circut that turns on an ipod docking station.)
  • Piyali
    Piyali
    engineer1
    Hi Josh,well i m a student of electrical engineeering so i the books i would recommend u at initial stages would be -FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING by ASHFAQ HUSSAIN.the book is good and i hv personally read this in ma 1st yr..so try it out😉
  • engineer1
    engineer1
    Piyali
    engineer1
    Hi Josh,well i m a student of electrical engineeering so i the books i would recommend u at initial stages would be -FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING by ASHFAQ HUSSAIN.the book is good and i hv personally read this in ma 1st yr..so try it out😉
    Thank you very much. Do you think Indigo/Chapters would have this book?
  • ecsanyi
    ecsanyi
    engineer1
    Hi guys. First I would like to say I do not have a degree in any thing. I am currently a student interested in becoming an electrical engineer. I am very interested and I have built a few small projects with "breadboards" I think my dad called them.(my dad works in high tech so I get access to stuff like that) Any way my question is: Do you have any advice for some one who is interested in electrical engineering. Eg. good books to read, projects to try, any thing like that.

- thanks alot to all answers.
    -Josh
    I have collected a few freeware books on my electric-portal #-Link-Snipped-# Try to find some books for beginners and electrical projects.

Hope I helped!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi fellow CEans! I was wondering where I can purchase equipment for electronic projects. I have some at my house but my dad got that stuff from his work. I...
hi all, i have a few questions regarding fedora in conjunction with java. 1. which distro of linux do i use for my project work. 2. which version would it...
Youi guys must have wondered where did I disappear, well I am back with a news. I am in Canada now hehe. in UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA studying bachelors in electrical...
IVISION-Image Processing event at VIT,PUNE. BUILD A COMPUTER CONTROLLED NAVIGATOR WHICH CAN DUMP BALLS OF 2 DIFFERENT COLORS(RED AND BLUE) USING AN OVERHEAD CAMERA. EVENT DATE-27-28thJAN'10 VENUE-VIT,PUNE PRIZES WORTH-Rs31,000/-to be...
Hello mates, I was actually trying to find a project based on Microwave engineering as a part of my course work. And I have no clue where I could find...