Hey guys! New guy checkin' in

Hey guys!
My name's Solomon and I have been more focused around the IT and web development sector than bonafide engineering. In college, I was an engineering major until I decided I wanted to go to medical school-- so that has pretty much been the direction I have been moving toward lately.

Currently, I am working on a project called #-Link-Snipped-# that allows organizations to send use our API to send/receive text messages for free and users to post/search for parties, events, and other local based data via sms and web.

The reason why I joined CE? Hmm... I guess you can say, I feel that "engineers" (whether they be civil, computer, etc)-- shape the world. So even though I am not an engineering major anymore-- I still feel contacted to those who have made a strong career out of it. Anyway! Enough of the sappy crap!

Hope to meet you all!

-Solomon

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Welcome to CE solomon
  • Reya
    Reya
    Welcome to CE!!
  • stubbs
    stubbs
    Thanks guys! Are the majority of people here computer engineers?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Oh hi Solomon. Nice introduction.

No, we have engineers from all trades. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Numbers show us majority are electrical/electronics engineers and CS/IT engineers are second by close margin. But trades don't matter much on CE.

Good to have you with us!
  • sam_from_hell
    sam_from_hell
    Welcome to CE!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Welcome to CE...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to CE Solomon!!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Welcome to CE Solomon!!
    Nice Introduction!! Enjoy your stay here!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Hey Solomon, welcome to CE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I am making a Digital Clock. For this purpose, I need a 1 Hz signal to insert as a Clock for 'Seconds' portion of my circuit. How to...
As we know BCD(binary coded decimal) numbers representation are used in computers. With the 4-bits space you can able to address 16 numbers.But in BCD number system you only addressed...
flow sheet of some chemical production processes, flow sheet for chemical processes can provided as per your requirements, which could help in your project works.
how to let terminal display the statue bar of command. like tar -xzcf file.tar.gz [++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++] i know this statue bar can see in wget
Hey guys, I have been researching online for summer work in the computing field in the USA for next summer 2011. I live in Scotland and have the organisation part...