HEy all

Shiva- Mech. Engineer- IT Profesional- looking for a change in career-Cheers!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kookyhere
    Mechanical Engineer in IT Profession. Ah! I understand the pain; because I was an Electrical Engineer in IT profession ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jokes apart, welcome to CE. We look forward to having you as an active member here. Tell us how did you discover this website and what motivated you to join us? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    Good to hear from the BIG_K.. What motivated me to join??๐Ÿ˜‰.. Obviosly, It was google.. I asked google whether it is wise to do MS in Australia?? It routed me to CE.. Hopefully looking for a solution from the Big_K๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE.
  • Dai
    Dai
    Welcome to theforum.
    #-Link-Snipped-#-#-Link-Snipped-#-#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Hi Shiva ,Welcome to CE ๐Ÿ˜€ , I Would like to help you since I like educational counselling . I was desperately trying to pursue my higher studies .Based on my experience . MS in Electrical Engg,Mech Engg,CS are the main divisions under which there are many sub-stratums .

Make sure that under MS which specialization are you interested at ,without which narrowing down universities does not going to help u . After deciding with your specialization ,do some fundamental univs research .For Ex: For Mech there are many reputed univs at Sweden,Swiss,Germany,netherlands . (I have not verified with Australian univs ,since Aus was not people's destination for technical masterships) .

Reason behind picking up European univs : All the univs are Govt funded .Two years b4 cost of education is '0'(also cost of living is minimal) . Now they are charging some affordable fees . If you are able to manage with funding ,u can try for US univs as well . Except US univs all european univs requires only TOEFL or IELTS . GRE is optional but not mandatory .U can try some scholarships if u had stellar profile or if u shud be having work exp,there also some scholarships . GRE is mandatory for US and IELTS for Australia .

Some Reputed and prominenet univs (Students destination) โ˜•
    Germany
    1) Tech univ Munich
    2) Univ of Stuttgart
    3) Univ of Karlsruhe
    4) Tech univ Hamburg
    5) HeidelBerg univ
    6) Tech univ Aachen
    7) Please google to get some more !!!

Sweden
    1) Chalmers univ
    2) Jonkoping
    3) KTH Royal
    4) Halmstad Univ
    5) Please google to get some more !!!

Switzz
    1) ETH univ
    2) EFPL univ

Netherlands
    1) Delft univ

Above said univs are very well known and reputed univs for streams available at their sites . Try to zero down ur search with ur specialization ,destination ,cost of living and so on...

PS : But be precise and careful in deciding your univs .

For German univs search #-Link-Snipped-# in Google (common website) .
    For Sweden univs search #-Link-Snipped-#

European univs are best if you are planning fo research as well . For better prospects a US and Australia and no probs for money . You can try for US and Australian univs .

US
    1) Each and every streets has 4 to 5 univs at US so I can list down a lot .

But pls give me a break ! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

All The Best ๐Ÿ‘
    Yours truly
    Vignesh Raghavendran
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    Thanks
    Vignesh Raghav
    Hi Shiva ,Welcome to CE ๐Ÿ˜€ , I Would like to help you since I like educational counselling . I was desperately trying to pursue my higher studies .Based on my experience . MS in Electrical Engg,Mech Engg,CS are the main divisions under which there are many sub-stratums .

Make sure that under MS which specialization are you interested at ,without which narrowing down universities does not going to help u . After deciding with your specialization ,do some fundamental univs research .For Ex: For Mech there are many reputed univs at Sweden,Swiss,Germany,netherlands . (I have not verified with Australian univs ,since Aus was not people's destination for technical masterships) .

Reason behind picking up European univs : All the univs are Govt funded .Two years b4 cost of education is '0'(also cost of living is minimal) . Now they are charging some affordable fees . If you are able to manage with funding ,u can try for US univs as well . Except US univs all european univs requires only TOEFL or IELTS . GRE is optional but not mandatory .U can try some scholarships if u had stellar profile or if u shud be having work exp,there also some scholarships . GRE is mandatory for US and IELTS for Australia .

Some Reputed and prominenet univs (Students destination) โ˜•
    Germany
    1) Tech univ Munich
    2) Univ of Stuttgart
    3) Univ of Karlsruhe
    4) Tech univ Hamburg
    5) HeidelBerg univ
    6) Tech univ Aachen
    7) Please google to get some more !!!

Sweden
    1) Chalmers univ
    2) Jonkoping
    3) KTH Royal
    4) Halmstad Univ
    5) Please google to get some more !!!

Switzz
    1) ETH univ
    2) EFPL univ

Netherlands
    1) Delft univ

Above said univs are very well known and reputed univs for streams available at their sites . Try to zero down ur search with ur specialization ,destination ,cost of living and so on...

PS : But be precise and careful in deciding your univs .

For German univs search #-Link-Snipped-# in Google (common website) .
    For Sweden univs search #-Link-Snipped-#

European univs are best if you are planning fo research as well . For better prospects a US and Australia and no probs for money . You can try for US and Australian univs .

US
    1) Each and every streets has 4 to 5 univs at US so I can list down a lot .

But pls give me a break ! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

All The Best ๐Ÿ‘
    Yours truly
    Vignesh Raghavendran

thanks Vignesh ๐Ÿ˜€ It would be great if you share facts about the job prospects in these countries and about the PR process if possible..
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    kookyhere
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-#. ๐Ÿ˜€ That's a cool single line profile. ๐Ÿ˜

Happy CEing! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Haha .. crux of the matter .. honestly speaking nobody can forecast the job prospects . I have seen my friends unemployed after being graduated at univs abroad . Ultimately boils down to your interest and passion that drives you to pursue higher studies . If you are able to win professor's heart you can get teacher assistance(TA) and research assistance(RA) . One thing for sure you will have a nice time ! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    Vignesh Raghav
    Haha .. crux of the matter .. honestly speaking nobody can forecast the job prospects . I have seen my friends unemployed after being graduated at univs abroad . Ultimately boils down to your interest and passion that drives you to pursue higher studies . If you are able to win professor's heart you can get teacher assistance(TA) and research assistance(RA) . One thing for sure you will have a nice time ! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    thats coooolll ๐Ÿ˜€ Then, no other choice.. "I love Indian Education"๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Now the toughest of all . Its easy to finish your scoring (GRE,TOEFL,IELTS) but damn tough to follow procedures and tedious . For more details try edulix.com ,guess the site is still active . This site will have A-Z infos from test prep guidance to VISA processing ,reaching your destination and students groups all required infos . โ˜•

The admission procedures happens twice a year (spring and fall) .
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Heheha ๐Ÿ˜ ...nothing wrong in trying, if you keep your spirits high ๐Ÿ˜ go for it . Ya always Indian Education is lovable , accessible, reachable and most of all cheapable !!! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Initially try to do some research about the univs .
  • gohm
    gohm
    Welcome to CE kookyhere! I know a bit about what you are going through, I initially studied microbiology. Go where your talents, interest & passion leads you. If you have any additional questions about career change or studying/working in the US, let me know & I can try my best to answer for you.
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    gohm
    Welcome to CE kookyhere! I know a bit about what you are going through, I initially studied microbiology. Go where your talents, interest & passion leads you. If you have any additional questions about career change or studying/working in the US, let me know & I can try my best to answer for you.
    Hey gohm.. Thanks a lot ๐Ÿ˜€.. I do have lotta questions.. First question.. Though i am reaaly passionate about MBA Hospitality and Tourism.. How would the recruiters take my passion as?? will they really prefer me and how easy is to cope with this industry..??
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Hi mate , ๐Ÿ‘Ž sorry I have negative knowledge about MBA in hospitality and tourism . Somebody in that domain here can help you sort out !
  • gohm
    gohm
    kookyhere
    Hey gohm.. Thanks a lot ๐Ÿ˜€.. I do have lotta questions.. First question.. Though i am reaaly passionate about MBA Hospitality and Tourism.. How would the recruiters take my passion as?? will they really prefer me and how easy is to cope with this industry..??
    I don't know a lot about this industry, however with hard work, good networking and successful studies it is a big industry to make your mark in.
  • Dai
    Dai
    Welcome to the forum
    #-Link-Snipped-#-#-Link-Snipped-#-#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple does things differently. Yeah, we have heard it over a thousand times already. But there is something about the way they function, that helps their products create a dent...
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are immediately available through Adobe Authorized Resellers, the Adobe Store in North America and Adobe Direct Sales. Estimated street price for the suites is US$2,599...
This thread is open to all thoughts, ideas, feedback about blogging as a career option for engineers. By the nature of it, blogging is all about content generation in different...
My parents have given me two options for my Career.. Either pursuing Masters in Manuf. Tech in Australia or getting trained in my uncles' CNC company for 4 to 5...
Hello CE, I wanted to know How to create a new devices. As Below Video shown which consist of devices and their function. I need to create like that device...