Here are some shortcuts / tips to find out the day of the week from the given date...

Day of the Week: January has 31 days. It means that every date in February will be 3 days later than the same date in January (28 is 4 weeks exactly). The below table is calculated in such a way. Remember this table which will help you to calculate.
January   0
February  3
March     3
April     6
May       1
June      4
July      6
August    2
September 5
October   0
November  3
December  5
Step 1: Ask for the Date. Ex: 23rd June 1986.
Step 2: Number of the month on the list, June is 4.
Step 3: Take the date of the month, that is 23.
Step 4: Take the last 2 digits of the year, that is 86.
Step 5: Find out the number of leap years. Divide the last 2 digits of the year by 4, 86 divide by 4 is 21.
Step 6: Now add all the four numbers: 4, 23, 86, 21 which sums to 134.
Step 7: Divide 134 by 7 = 19 remainder 1.

The reminder tells you the day.
Sunday    0
Monday    1
Tuesday   2
Wednesday 3
Thursday  4
Friday    5
Saturday  6

Replies

• bharathpb
    bharathpb
    Re: Here are some shortcuts / tips to find out the day of the week from the given dat

I didnt get the 5 th Step...What if its a non-leap year...any diference in the table(or in the procedure) ???
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Re: Here are some shortcuts / tips to find out the day of the week from the given dat

bharathpb
    I didnt get the 5 th Step...What if its a non-leap year...any diference in the table(or in the procedure) ???
    If its a leap year, you are supposed to add 1 in the end... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. This person doesn't know your name and he never does. Why not? 2. A guy picked a book off the highest shelf in a library. On the spine, he...
Hi friends.... Pls help me out to find the cutting force calculations for a drilling machine and the calculations for design of lead screw......
Steve Jobs took a break from his ongoing medical leave to unveil the second generation iPad, called iPad 2. Here's a video of iPad 2- [video=youtube;b661ovU1rPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b661ovU1rPU&feature=player_embedded[/video] Apple's got some nice...
I've been trying to watch the streamed video of Apple iPad 2 launch on Apple official website : Apple Special Event March 2011 However, I'm unable to stream. Is there...
I was thinking about Online class, I know that we can make video tutorial and that may help the user to learn. but i have one more idea that how...