CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 02 Mar, 2011
Day of the Week: January has 31 days. It means that every date in February will be 3 days later than the same date in January (28 is 4 weeks exactly). The below table is calculated in such a way. Remember this table which will help you to calculate.
January   0
February  3
March     3
April     6
May       1
June      4
July      6
August    2
September 5
October   0
November  3
December  5
Step 1: Ask for the Date. Ex: 23rd June 1986.
Step 2: Number of the month on the list, June is 4.
Step 3: Take the date of the month, that is 23.
Step 4: Take the last 2 digits of the year, that is 86.
Step 5: Find out the number of leap years. Divide the last 2 digits of the year by 4, 86 divide by 4 is 21.
Step 6: Now add all the four numbers: 4, 23, 86, 21 which sums to 134.
Step 7: Divide 134 by 7 = 19 remainder 1.

The reminder tells you the day.
Sunday    0
Monday    1
Tuesday   2
Wednesday 3
Thursday  4
Friday    5
Saturday  6
@bharathpb • 06 Mar, 2011 Re: Here are some shortcuts / tips to find out the day of the week from the given dat

I didnt get the 5 th Step...What if its a non-leap year...any diference in the table(or in the procedure) ???
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 06 Mar, 2011 Re: Here are some shortcuts / tips to find out the day of the week from the given dat

bharathpb
I didnt get the 5 th Step...What if its a non-leap year...any diference in the table(or in the procedure) ???
If its a leap year, you are supposed to add 1 in the end... 😀

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 5, 2014

With fingerprint sensors only now entering our mobile devices, it's time for other secure authentication techniques to arrive in the latest software on our computers. Keeping up with fast pace...

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 17, 2015

Yamaha Motors India has announced the launch of its new bike called Yamaha Saluto. The most striking features of the motorcycle include front disc brakes, four new colours (Green, Blue,...

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 19, 2010

L&T InfoTech is hiring at various campuses all over India. The integral part of L&T InfoTech's campus recruitment process is Group Discussion. One of the CEans informed me that L&T...

@arnab.aeroman · May 16, 2011

I have just completed my second year for aeronautical engg. any one can tell me a place where i can do inplant training related to my field. plz give contact...

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 1, 2010

Campus recruitment are on the upsurge. Lots of final year students are discussing & asking questions about Infosys recruitment process. Can anybody share with us about the the latest Infosys...