Help with Soundwaves.

Hi everybody,

This is my first post, be gentle and if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.

I would like to carry out some experiments with soundwaves. I need some help understanding something...

Say I want to send UHF frequencies to a nice big woofer speaker to monitor some effects. How would one send those frequencies? Do I need some sort of frequency generator?

Any replies would be most appreciated.

Take care all. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You can try sending those with an UHF Transmitter which can be powered by either a computer or a UHF transceiver, which is available for testing purposes. The same can be received and debugged too. For more information, please check this out... F121S / F221S VHF / UHF transceiver - Features - Icom America
  • dbaker
    dbaker
    Thank you so much for your help, I'm getting somewhere! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • dbaker
    dbaker
    Hi, further to this query;

Could I hook one of these up to a woofer speaker? Think it would work?

Again, any help is most appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Yes, you can connect from the UHF Receiver and connect it to the speakers... Its possible.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • dbaker
    dbaker
    Hi again...

I am so sorry to be a pain. Thank you for helping me.

So, I need to have this thing go to a UHF receiver first? Then out to the speaker from there?

๐Ÿ˜€
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    Just a quick question, what kind of effects/results are you expecting from the woofer?

Woofers are generally used from 40Hz to about 1000Hz, while the UHF band is 300Mhz to 3Ghz.
    The one I suggested is a transceiver... It acts like a bluetooth device... Both receiver and transmitter are built in it... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • dbaker
    dbaker
    everett.pattison
    Just a quick question, what kind of effects/results are you expecting from the woofer?

Woofers are generally used from 40Hz to about 1000Hz, while the UHF band is 300Mhz to 3Ghz.
    Well, I have a load of old speakers around that I will be trying out, I have been in bands all my life, lots of old equipment lying around.

I'm hoping to get some results levitating things in soundwaves basically. Like the experiment Ralph Ring talks about; - YouTube

I'm fascinated by this possible process and simply have to play around with it.
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    When I get a chance a bit later I will watch the video to get an understanding of what you're trying to accomplish and give you another response. Otherwise I wouldn't spend your money on very expensive equipment like the UHF transceiver until you complete all you're research to make sure what you are trying to accomplish is feasible. Just my thoughts anyways.

Edit: Just found this webpage describing 'acoustic levitation' which I believe is what you are trying to accomplish. #-Link-Snipped-# . It's a few pages long and I recommend reading it.
  • dbaker
    dbaker
    Thank you, I will have a read of that. I appreciate your help. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • dbaker
    dbaker
    I've just read that article, very interesting and yes, it is roughly what I'm trying to do. However if you watch that video I posted it sounds like this guy could levitate a ping pong ball indefinitely with just an audio amplifier and a 15" Woofer Speaker. No transducer, no reflector.

Is this possible? If so can we find a frequency/wavelength to levitate a pool ball? A football? A car? I think this is very exciting stuff.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is dedicated to all the Ce-ans who may have some similar qualities or characters in similar..so that we can same pinch each other. Characters can be anything ..based from...
I have seen many persons in social networking sites using osama's pics as their pic ..and many other popularities seen in osama after his death ..Is it required to give...
Check this simple pad command friends. ๐Ÿ˜€ [video=youtube;0O37CxJ_Jhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O37CxJ_Jhg[/video]
How to follow a curve? Check this out [video=youtube;aoyu7EYIXgE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoyu7EYIXgE[/video]
How to make simple machine component? [video=youtube;vLdvQu0H5t0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLdvQu0H5t0[/video]