help with Project Idea

hello all,
i'm a final year student in Computer science department

and i'm stuck searching for ideas for my graduation project
i have many ideas but the problem that my ideas is to big to be implemented by 2 persons (as my team is 2 persons only)
if you can help by providing me a good and not repeated idea for a project to do
i can learn any programming language this is not the problem and i hate web based projects 😁
i'm excellent @ JAVA(J2ME,J2SE,J2EE) & C++ & MS .NET
i'm not very good at graphics and design
and interesting in Text Problems and AI problems
and i can learn any new technologies

can you help me ?

Replies

• sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Hi,

I have one in mind.

Its about searching trains based on date of travel/source/destination.

Seems simple!
    But the requirement is something more, you should be able to list all the possible connections between source to destination from best route to worst route.

And if possible availablities.

I will tell you one example

Suppose you want to travel from pune to delhi.
    List all trains from
    1. pune to delhi,
    2. pune to mumbai and mumbai to delhi in such a way that the timings connect with as much less time as possible.
    or may be a route from pune to daund and daund to delhi.

We usually dont get these routes when we try from pune to delhi directly!

We usually face problem of non availability when we are trying to book tickets just close to travel date.

But with this sort of search and that too which takes care of connection gap and sort based on distance, it will be powerful application.

In future we could even add an access to availbility check through a legal subscription from railways.

the user just have to give a query like
    "i want to go from pune to delhi on 3rd of november"

Your application should give a list of tickets which need to be booked and all should be a confirmed tickets!.

What all you need?
    1. digitizing the railway timetable (may be available, only you need to put into your data strucure.)
    2. puting them into directed/weighted graphs
    3. algorithms for finding shortest path(djkstras algo)
    4. algorithms to find all paths and sort them in ascending order of total time and number of connections.
    and many more.

This is just an idea? you can come up with more similar ones.
    What do you tell?

I think The_BIG_K will be able to give better ideas.

If you have less time
    you can even try encryption algorithms, DES, variants of DES, PGP
    even today there is need for efficient algo's for the same.

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • emYth
    emYth
    i liked your idea thanks ( but i think its soo simple what do you think ? )
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    These are my ideas...but i wonder they may be little hard for 2 person team

1. Digital Watermarking (Select any Digital Data ...Audio/Video,not image ...cozz it's little bit outdated)
    2. Intrusion Detection System using Mobile agents .... Hard to completefor 2 meber team
    3.Designing a Protocol for Mobile Agent Security...i did as part of my final sem project

If you need projects with more complexities you can message me...anytime :smile:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh well, if you think the idea is too simple, get some more ideas into it. You see, 'Internet Search' is a very simple idea too. But they haven't yet figured it out completely, yet!
  • emYth
    emYth
    ya i knew that internet search is very simple too..
    but i got stuck all i got from internet is old ideas and when i see a good one i found that it can't be done by two team members
    so if you have good ideas please help me with them
  • emYth
    emYth
    These are my ideas...but i wonder they may be little hard for 2 person team

1. Digital Watermarking (Select any Digital Data ...Audio/Video,not image ...cozz it's little bit outdated)
    2. Intrusion Detection System using Mobile agents .... Hard to completefor 2 meber team
    3.Designing a Protocol for Mobile Agent Security...i did as part of my final sem project

If you need projects with more complexities you can message me...anytime [​IMG]
    can you explain more 😁
    i don't get 2&3
  • sanya09.01
    sanya09.01
    hey can you please exlpain how to go about the digital watermarking and the intrusion detection system. i am a student of computer science final year and nned to submit a project.thanks
  • krishniha
    krishniha
    hey dude,me same problem with the vb.net project(DATABASE)just u try this site: #-Link-Snipped-# see u get any new coming 2009 ideas ////
  • krishniha
    krishniha
    hey dude,me same problem with the vb.net project(DATABASE)just u try this site: #-Link-Snipped-# see u get any new coming 2009 ideas ////

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello All, Incase Satyam does have recruitments... we (satyamites) will be aware of it and some times we can as well submit resumes of our friends...as recomendation So let's keep...
I'm looking to trade my old and used mobile phones for cash, which are lying under my drawer. Need the precise details of payment mode of mobile phone recycling. Any...
😁Helo everyone ive just registered with C.E im still a third year diploma student
suggest me minor project invb for a student of polytechnic in computer stream
Hey guys, I've been working on a design for a paint mixer for my model paints. So far, I got the general idea planed out in my head, but I...