Help with project: fingerprint attendance system (biometric attendance)

hi..
i have decided to change my topic i want to do a fingerprint attendance system (biometric attendance)...can any one give me the details regarding this...circuits, tools and programs regarding this project..
thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Again, how about sharing your progress? Or your project is still lingering in the 'ideation' stage?

*boy! I talk like an MBA*
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ideation? rofl! Why can't "idea" be used on it's own?

I think, with regards to the fingerprint system, is to make a sort of block diagram linking different parts of the system. That would make things clearer for yourself ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Lock-Os
    Lock-Os
    Hm, interesting idea. We could use some more background information though on the device and it's use. If you need help thinking about all the compents involved, try to think about the flow of information as well as the different functions that are required.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ya know, they are tricky stuff. We had a lab which required fingerprint authentication, and it took so many retries for the system to record a valid fingerprint to put in the database. After some annoyances, the system was put offline and the old key and padlock was used ๐Ÿ˜›

I had a glance at one of the FYP titles on offer at my campus. It was a hand geometry authentication system. Instead of the fingerprints, it was the shape of the hand that would authenticate a person. The shape would be scanned, rotated (if hand was placed at a different angle), and correlated with a database by matching specific points on the geometry of the hand. I think that would have a more success rate in detection. Maybe ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Lock-Os
    Lock-Os
    Well, the other thing about the fingerprint is the oil on the skin messing up the reading as well. Of course, even a tiny paper cut would throw it off as well.

Maybe you could use height as a biometric input along with an ID card, that way, it's kind of a double security system. It wouldn't be to hard to measure that, and by using the ID card, you match that person's height to the information on the ID card You could also put some basic sensors to tell if a person is squatting or using a box to adjust height, although that advanced tech might be a bit too much.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think you're on to something. Perhaps we can perform multiple authentication simultaneously.. so in addition with biometric, ID and height, we can add voice too. It's not that hard. So, a "pass" might require at least 3 out of 4 authentication methods. At least we don't have to truly rely on one.

The key is to make it easy for the user to perform the tests at the same time.
  • Lankythekid
    Lankythekid
    Curious did this project ever come to a completion..? and i do like the idea of including multiple authentication procedures for security!

"Again, how about sharing your progress? Or your project is still lingering in the 'ideation' stage?

*boy! I talk like an MBA*"

LOLL!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hey krithika ...for your information
    currently this system is working in Lovely University,Punjab,India

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While researching stuff for my fyp, I came across this link: EnOcean Self-powered RF Modules - Ad Hoc Electronics I only know very rudimentary forms of self powered FM receivers...
do anyone know how to interpret the graph which the y axis = modulus, hardness VS x-axis = displacement into surface . this graph is the result from the nanoindentation...
CEans, Those who appeared for CAT 2008, do not forget to check your result on the following location - https://results.catiim.in The result will be available from 9[sup]th[/sup] January 2009 onwards....
Alright, The title of this thread is inspired from a popular show "Yan Can Cook" ๐Ÿ˜ [Website: YanCanCook.com - The Official Website of Chef Martin Yan ] I request all...
Dear all, in power crisis situation of many countrys like india ...how can we use any of silicon or kind of leaf spring which can have back and forth action...