Help with microcontrollers.

Hello all.

I've recently got into doing small electronic work. Ive got some soldering experience and have done work with LEDS, resistors, capacitors, and transistors. Anyways, I would like to do a project with a microcontroller, a servo, sensor as well as some LEDS. However, there are so many different kinds of microcontrollers and i know basically nothing about them. I did some searching on the web and read some articles but its still clear as mud. Im hoping to keep things cheap and relatively simple as this is a simple project. any feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If you want to do project based on Microcontroller then first of all you must have to read some basic about it and you can refer some books. even you will find the tutorial on internet for basic knowledge of Controller for that i suggest try to search detail about AT89C51 as this is the basic controller you can start from this..

Please post your introduction in Introduction Zone. we want to know more about you.
    Have a Good time on CE.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    You can learn PIC Microcontroller #-Link-Snipped-#. I give many free code, from LED, Switch, LCD up to hard coding like GSM Modem, RFID Reader, RF Module. Then you can start easy project #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • nikhiljain
    nikhiljain
    since u re a beginner go with 8051 projects.. u can find AT89C51 for cheap price and start building your own projects. although u'll need to get a programmer to be able to burn your codes.
    check Electronic Projects, Electrical Engineering Resources and Makers Articles for plenty of basic 8051 projects.
  • sivi
    sivi
    ya u can go for simple projects like line follower and water
    level indicator in the beginning...............
  • sabeng
    sabeng
    use 89c51 microcontroller
  • Waron
    Waron
    You might also want to consider looking into some of the AVR microcontrollers. There is a free compiler for it that's really good and a lot of support. If you visit avrfreaks.net you'll find tons of tutorials on how to use it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looks like Paypal and RBI aren't going well together. Earlier, Paypal had to stop payments to individuals in India which was later lifted. Now, Paypal has come up with following...
Port Scanner Worm Hello Does anyone know any kind of virus or worm that after infecting a computer in a Lan, the worm can go through other computers or at...
Toshiba does manufacture great laptops, but for some reason or the other, they fail to impress an average consumer. I think that is the reason why Toshiba is not a...
Taking a bold stance against ragging, the National Institute of Technology (VNIT) put behind bars six of its final year students of Mechanical Branch who were found guilty of ragging...
Hello friends, 'SPANDAN 2011' is a National Level Conference & Poster Exihibition is organized by Electronics Engineering department, YCCE, on the 17th and 18th of February, 2011. The conference is...