help with fedora & java

hi all, i have a few questions regarding fedora in conjunction with java.

1. which distro of linux do i use for my project work.

2. which version would it be.

3. please let me know the detailed procedure of how to install java in order to compile my files. i tried installing jre on fedora 8. some problem & i'm not even aware if it has installed properly.

note: i have used fedora 4 & 8 as part of my curriculum.

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    you can use open suse or mandriva , which bundled with most of the softwares you need, as well as ubuntu , in these softwares installation is also easy, Both three are nice os;s.
  • krp31
    krp31
    well thanks a lot for your reply but are u sure i should not go for fedora?? b'cause i've checked on net & it [fedora] has good rating when it comes to programming [like in java].

please do let me know in detail if you can.
    thank you
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Java almost works same on all distributions. And ofcourse Fedora is nice os, But you should avoid using GCJ . I heard it is not much good, and for project works I suggest you to use the Sun JDK,
  • krp31
    krp31
    ok thank u. can you please tell me what is GCJ. ya i did try installing Sun's JDK itself. so u think i can go for Ubuntu??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Youi guys must have wondered where did I disappear, well I am back with a news. I am in Canada now hehe. in UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA studying bachelors in electrical...
IVISION-Image Processing event at VIT,PUNE. BUILD A COMPUTER CONTROLLED NAVIGATOR WHICH CAN DUMP BALLS OF 2 DIFFERENT COLORS(RED AND BLUE) USING AN OVERHEAD CAMERA. EVENT DATE-27-28thJAN'10 VENUE-VIT,PUNE PRIZES WORTH-Rs31,000/-to be...
Hello mates, I was actually trying to find a project based on Microwave engineering as a part of my course work. And I have no clue where I could find...
I read this recently on a very popular blog. Many of our personal success aspirations have nothing to do with any “success” that an outsider would be able to measure....
When radio signals are transferred there must be some energy into it that makes it to transfer at long distances? Is there any possibility of converting that energy into Ac...