Help with building a wireless robotic car using PIC microcontroller 16F877

I have a few questions.

1. Which programming language should I use? I am thinking of using C++. I know assembly but am not very good at it, so I am trying to avoid assembly.

2. Which program should i use to compile the PIC code? I am thinking of using MPLAB IDE. Is it sufficient/ok?

3. Is 16F877 enough to build a wireless robotic car? It was recommended by my lecturer. But i need further confirmation.

4. Which wireless module should I use? For this one, I have no idea at all.

I hope you all can help me with this. Your help is needed. Thank you.

Best Regards,
A.

Replies

• yaang
    yaang
    I've done a similar project a while ago. I used Pic Basic pro to program and MPLAB IDE to compile and PICDEM to load the hex into the PIC.Any 16 or 18 series is probably enough for this project but your lecturer most likely recommended 16F877 because it's popular choice among PIC's so you can easily find example circuits, codes etc.For the RF module i just went to a local electronics store and asked for a RF module and used what they gave me.
  • manojvishnupriya
    manojvishnupriya
    Hai I think assembly is better. I had done some projects with 16f877 using mplab ide.
    I had found no problem in it till now. I think we can do it easily with a pic 16f877. Good choice by your teacher. It is cost effective and have great properties. In case of wireless module I am not so good. You can use zigbee or bluetooth module or anything like that. But Zigbee causes very high cost. You should determine what to do.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any one suggest a topic for final year project in instrumentation descipline 😎
hello every one Please i need to help I want a simple report for sensors & actuators Please quickly help me Pages of report at least 4 pages Thanks
How to use linu from USB? My CD - ROM is not working and I want to use Linux Please guide me which linux to download and how to use...
Hello CEans, I'm from chennai, and i'm a Electronics and Communication Engineer doing my third year!😛
The first look of veer has released YouTube - Veer - Theatrical Trailer