Help: Problem with pendrive

While formatting my system, I copied all my data from computer to pendrive(SANDISK) , my pen drive is not detecting. I tried it for more than 8 computers. But its not detecting.. I dont know why..? previously this problem is occured for my another pendrive(SONY). That time i leave it off. But this time i am panic because all my information is deleted from my system and it is only in that pen drive.. Any help please..!

Replies

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    try formatting pendrive it may be detected..!!atleast!The data you have copied might have large amount of viruses..or it may be because of loose connection or the data travelling path(copper wire) may be damaged.
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    may be ur pendrive has lost automatic driver installation try visiting the site of sandisk and installing any prescribed drivers. Well i think that is the problem in general but as dileep said ur pendrive must have had some physical damage also
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    try installing activesync software related your pendrive.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    But i never installed any drivers to any pendrive..

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THING..THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY..
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    that is what i said when u insert a pendrive it automatically installs required drivers to function data transfer that is the previous case may be ur pendrive lost that feature or some damage might have changed its functioning in course action so its better to install drivers
  • shiva91
    shiva91
    i guess your pendrive damaged physically ........... visit sandisk web page...... there solution may be there
  • AMITBOSE
    AMITBOSE
    it sometimes happens when u remove pendrive without clicking "safe 2 remove " option frm taskbar, i think ur pendrive is damaged permanently & if u hv formatted ur pc then try connecting ur pendrive once again or else there is last option u go to control panel & go to add hardware option while connecting ur pendrive & then search 4 external devices within that
  • Muffy
    Muffy
    Hi.

There might be physical damage, some pen drive manufactures use sub standard quality USB connectors , so their leads tend to break off from the PCB when subject to little physical aggression. You could try lifting the pen drive from the rear, a bit, while inserting into the port, and hold it there till its detected and you transfer the stuff back to your hard disk.

If that dose not work then you should get it serviced at a professional service center. From the description of your problem , it definitely seems like a physical problem, and there isn't much you can do about it.

Good Luck
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    just check if your USB is enabled,,
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thank you all for your suggestions..!

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THING..THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY..
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    AMITBOSE
    it sometimes happens when u remove pendrive without clicking "safe 2 remove " option frm taskbar, i think ur pendrive is damaged permanently & if u hv formatted ur pc then try connecting ur pendrive once again or else there is last option u go to control panel & go to add hardware option while connecting ur pendrive & then search 4 external devices within that
    yah i think that is the problem

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm not sure whether you guys know about this. This is a neat gmail trick with which we can create multiple email accounts using the same email id. Use it...
i am wondering why my manual control robot, not moving straight. is it because of the design or wrong in placement of wheel? in my design, i put wheel at...
i have another question about pneumatic. in my robot design for robowars, i decided to use pneumatic system. i have the design, but don't know how to attach. actually, i...
CAT 2009 dates have been declared by Indian Institutes of Management as - Saturday, 28 November 2009 - Monday, 7 December 2009 The complete CAT schedule is going to be...
CEans, If you are preparing for CAT, the following video released by IIMs will be useful to you - [youtube]TQzvSq15RLQ[/youtube] If you can't watch, the complete video URL is -...