Help on Smart Machine

Hello,
I am a student from India i am planning to do a Smart CNC Turning Center
Such that it will automatically adjust itself the Cutting Parameter based on Spindle Speed and material chosen!
Does any one have an idea on how to do??

I have a plan to do based on young's modulus of the material

On silly question is does Youngs Modulus vary depending on size of material? I hope its definitely no
Hope it vary if defect is there

Also is there any formula to compute best Depth of Cut and Feed Rate based on Youngs Modulus of the Material???

Will this thing work??

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    jhbalaji
    Hello, I am a student from India i am planning to do a Smart CNC Turning Center
    On silly question is does Youngs Modulus vary depending on size of material?
    Also is there any formula to compute best Depth of Cut and Feed Rate based on Youngs Modulus of the Material???
    Young's Modulus is a property of the material. Not size dependent.
    You may be better off by putting up a look up table based on published data from various machining hand books instead of developing an algorithm based on theoretical values of moduli.

Here is something similar that may trigger some ideas:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Bioramani
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    bioramani
    Young's Modulus is a property of the material. Not size dependent.
    You may be better off by putting up a look up table based on published data from various machining hand books instead of developing an algorithm based on theoretical values of moduli.

Here is something similar that may trigger some ideas:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Bioramani
    Thanks for help!
    Please read my post completely!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No Jhbalaji, Young's modulus varies according to material and not dimensions. By the way I am also planning to do a project something about CNC for my final year. It is just "one of the idea" but not finalized yet.

I also want to know more about it. Hope this discussion goes long.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I was referring to this book:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I am sorry, but my area of research was in non traditional machining processes. Hence I am unable to help with any formula to compute best Depth of Cut and Feed Rate based on Youngs Modulus of the Material.

Bioramani
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Ok! Therefore can it vary if there is defect in the Material???
    Also @biormanai i alreday have My Own data book published by our college PSG Design Data Book
    Online at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    jhbalaji
    Ok! Therefore can it vary if there is defect in the Material???
    Also @biormanai i alreday have My Own data book published by our college PSG Design Data Book
    A defect like an inclusion or crack has no effect on YM, but may have implication to machining.
    This may help:
    ASM Specialty Handbook: Tool Materials - Google Books

(Incidebtally, I remember visiting PSG Tech in 1956 after my intermediate for an admission)

Bioramani
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Oh thanks for that!
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    I am looking for your help folks?????????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I disclaim any knowledge about cars and auto engineering. Thought that this might interest the afficianados here: DIY Plug-In Hybrid Car Bioramani
The Monster Employment Index Europe records 26 percent year-over-year growth, the most rapid pace seen during the current economic cycle Industrial production related sectors lead the Index in annual growth...
hi CEans. i need the design procedure for HAMMERHEAD PIERS for a Road Over Bridge. I have gone through the net but i haven't found IRC design method for these...
Hello, In DC motor specification and data sheet, the stall torque is mentioned. The stall torque is considered as a toque produced when the speed is zero. I would like...
CEans, Please help me out in registering the document Online or How to get patent rights for the work we have done.