Help needed Urgently!! database ODBC SQL Server Driver

Hi database experts,

I am running visual basic 2010 application , the program access small database which we create using sql explorer [ ie we install sql server 2005] to store the values.My problem is that I am not able to access database when I run the program it gives me following error " [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot open database "ABC" requested by the login .The login failed.

I am working on project which needs to be completed sooner and is only stuck due to this error.Request to all databse experts to help me out .Please suggest solution in simple language so that I can understand it as I am new to SQL Server .

Thanks ,

King99

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Do the following thing, it may help you if your connection string is wrong.
    In Visual Studio, View -> Server Explorer, than right click on Data Connections & make new connection.
    Try connecting & adding your database there in server explorer. Once you have successfully connected the database than you can right click on database(of course in server explorer) & view properties. There you can find the correct "Connection String" for your application.

-Regards,
    RajdeepCE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello my fellow CEan Photographers😀 If you are reading this thread I am sure you must have some interest in photography and want to try out your skills.So here is...
This may be of interest. Could become an issue in India too. Spectrum deficit, cognitive radio, 802.22, and TV towers rise again | Left2MyOwnDevices
CR4 - Blog Entry: Should Robots Be Humanlike?
C++ pointer or simply a pointer is a simple variable that has the capability to store the memory address of some location. Lets discuss a small program for illustration: int...
C++ pointer or simply a pointer is a simple variable that has the capability to store the memory address of some location.

Lets discuss a small program for illustration:

int * p;
int...