help me solve this problem

i donot understand the c question... can someone help ?

1. Assume that we can solve the engineering problems to burn coal cleanly and capture the carbon
dioxide so that we can consider it as one answer to the growing electrical energy needs of the
world. Determine how long the earth’s coal reserves will last for each of the scenarios below.
Document the sources for the key pieces of information you use for these calculations and explain
your methods.
a. Assume coal maintains its percentage of the total electrical energy output.
b. If nuclear, natural gas, renewables, and liquids do not increase beyond their current
levels, coal will have to be substituted and usage will increase more rapidly. What is the
new growth rate? How long will coal then last?
c. If your source for the earth’s reserves underestimates the true amount by a factor of 2,
how much longer will the supply last in each of the two above cases?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This may help:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is the book Structural steel work: analysis & design by s.s ray a good one? What do the civil engineers here want to suggest? Please share your opinions.
Failure Analysis of Engineering Structures: Methodology and Case Histories
hi , i want to connect to FingerPrint sccanner with C# application and give the fingerprint(binary) image then save it to my database . who help me?
Microsoft Windows facts
I am hosting my own blog and installed it. I am using Tag Cloud widget, but no clouds are shown in the blog sidebar. Only the names are shown in...