help me solve this problem

this is a question from franklin f. kuo's book (network analysis and synthesis)
1.8) suppose the response of a linear system to an excitation e(t) were r(t) = 3exp(-4t). what would the response be to an excitation of e(t-2) ?

please help me do this sum. thank you. 😔

Replies

• abhirv
    abhirv
    if its an LTI system then even the output will be shifted by the same amount as input....so o/p willbe r(t-2)..!!
  • Bishshoy Das
    Bishshoy Das
    abhirv
    if its an LTI system then even the output will be shifted by the same amount as input....so o/p willbe r(t-2)..!!
    yes but you have assumed time invariance, which is not mentioned in the problem ! linear systems need not be time invariant !
    also if i suppose the response is r(t-2) then the waveform changes. the waveform r(t) and r(t-2) are not same.

3exp(-4*(t-2)) = r(t)*exp(8) !

anybody else wanna help me.
    please post a mathematical solution than a logical analysis.
  • Bishshoy Das
    Bishshoy Das
    anybody wanna give the sum a try

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i found it good and informative. You need to take the TOEFL exam to prove that you have the required english level to study in an english speaking environment. Beside...
Hint : USA citizen (in the box)....Rest are Indians....
A lot of people want to get in on the beta test of Google +. To invite your friends, you have to use a built-in e-mail option for Google+ that...
Over the last month, more than 7,700 Googlers helped serve their communities across 400 different projects as part of GoogleServe, an employee-driven initiative organized almost entirely by volunteers. Through partnerships...
What are the best high-definition movies to watch at home? I have been looking for buying a few blu-ray disks. Can we make a list of the best HD movies...