Help me remove a virus from C drive

Boss i beg i need some help, how can i take a virus from my drive c ? pls help me

Replies

• richyson
    richyson
    Re: Ask Bjarne Stroustrup - The inventor of C++ programming language

pls who can help me solve my problem on my computer, i have a virus on my drive c and i dont no how to take that virus of,
  • richyson
    richyson
    Re: Ask Bjarne Stroustrup - The inventor of C++ programming language

can u help me take a virus off from my drive c?
  • richyson
    richyson
    Re: CS & I.T. forum!

Am a new user and i need help, can you please help me ? i dont no how to take a virus off from my computer, can you please help me, this is my yahoo id: richyson5 , pls i will be glad to here from u
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    What are the symptoms richy?
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    do install a good anti virus and scan ur system..this may solve ur problem..
  • rajshree
    rajshree
    hay richy, just take backup of ur datas & then format drive 'c'
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    well dont get panic...be cool 😎and search for Mcafee total security 2008(anti virus) and all your troubles will simply vanish....take my words...as i had faced many prior to McAfee.
    Blog Reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • rohit maloo
    rohit maloo
    take the backup of important data and then format....
    or else u need a good registered and updated antivirus......
  • max348
    max348
    just install kaspersky 7 anti-virus and scan ur pc...it will be o.k....
  • night crawler
    night crawler
    scan ur pc using a good antivirus, or install process explorer kill process tree of the indicative virus .dig out the registry & delete it
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    On a related note: how DO you get rid of a virus from a computer that:

1. You don't have admin access (so can't install software).
    2. Anti-virus software is disabled (by some cunning virus).
    3. C Drive and Registry is write protected (can't directly delete any files).

Any ideas? Perhaps a reboot into MS-DOS? Boot CD?
  • gohm
    gohm
    richyson, install & run spybot s&d as well as a virus scan program like avg, norton,mcAfee. Hijackthis! is also a great program to run when you cannot clear out a problem. A coolweb search and removal program is also a good idea. You can post the log file for help on one of many IT/anti-virus forums for help on what to delete. Worst case senario is wiping the drive, not fun, I've been there. Also make sure you have a firewall operating and your security settings are set high.

Ash, maybe by booting up in safe mode and trying to scan?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    richyson, install & run spybot s&d as well as a virus scan program like avg, norton,mcAfee. Hijackthis! is also a great program to run when you cannot clear out a problem. A coolweb search and removal program is also a good idea. You can post the log file for help on one of many IT/anti-virus forums for help on what to delete. Worst case senario is wiping the drive, not fun, I've been there. Also make sure you have a firewall operating and your security settings are set high.

Ash, maybe by booting up in safe mode and trying to scan?
    Yep, I agree on using Hijackthis! and send the log files to the IT forums. Anyone expert in analyzing those files btw?

Gohm, Lets say that safe mode does not work (i.e on a public/campus computer) 😉

I'm trying to assume a senario where all you have is a limited account on a computer and with the limitations listed before. Can one do anything before going the "booting" way?

Think MacGyver, think!
  • th3 ied kid
    th3 ied kid
    When no admin axess there ain't much left to do with changing registry!Even i go berserk
    with such things...but however there were certain things i tried leaving over like...
    >>Force deletion of files...of main virus..
    Well a long time ago i used to bluntly keep looking at %systemroot% in win...looking for standard files....so just when a comp gets infected nowadays..there's intutive ring going on in my head....so whats the best....i place certain files as prime suspects..and then check their function over internet!!!I can't call over shots soon!I take a deep precaution...coz next thing i do is what could be a nemisis or walkover for that comp...
    i use force deletion softwares,try them...most of them don't cost a thing in terms of bucks or time of download or size !
    while most of them vanish...most trojans...etc..vanish but not all!well leave the registry entries to rot coz they just go as dead as a fish when main virus is deleted..there is bright chance that many errors pop outa windows..n admin notice that and may be come in for drink with ya!
    Most of stuffs work when cmd.exe or command.com works..however when they r bloked or virused....i don't panic..coz there ain't much happenin except for a blood boil!
    use commands like attrib< check attrib /?>....in cmd.exe when it works to show hidden files....or you could may be find in an application in internet to show you the hidden files!
    if you cn contribute more plz mail me!
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Use topic posts to make solutions more acceptable,rather making it complicated😁

Blog Reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • parihar888
    parihar888
    Hi Richy
    just take back up of urs data & format C: drive if problem pertains then
    resize and create new partion of C: and format then u will definetly free of
    virus.. sure
  • Sunu
    Sunu
    Getting the system scanned from websites which provide free antivirus scanners online doesnt seem to be a bad idea either...
  • Himanshutime
    Himanshutime
    richyson
    Boss i beg i need some help, how can i take a virus from my drive c ? pls help me
    Hi i am himanshu,
    First you downlode one good antivirous, and scan your system yhrough it and then check the virous is removed or not if not so reinstol your computer.

one of my adwise if you are the person of computer is that you have to create an restor point in your system and when you feel any virous or any difficultu in using window you may restore your computer on back date. and delete the thing you instol in your system when they ask.and remove its link by going in registery.

its a most powerful way to deal with the virous. if you are a computer person so aply this methord and tel me the output at #-Link-Snipped-#

by
  • Sanjay9573
    Sanjay9573
    Dont worry just install trend micro officescan 8.0 antivirus and scan with this
  • arunbasillal
    arunbasillal
    The drive doesnt really matter for a antivirus program. Get the Lates AVG Free antivirus
    ( Google for AVG Free download) and scan. It should solve this problem. If the problem persists, do as said by Rajsree, just backup and format all drives.

and dont get scard off by Viruses like this, just stay calm and you will be fine
  • vijayrock
    vijayrock
    Try this
    Install Kaspersky Antivirus 2008.The trial version will be for 30 days.Use that.It's efficient when compared to other anti virus software.
    also try using Ad aware to remove spywares.
    Attempt at installing firewall,but it might reduce the efficiency of the system.
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    Richy will you atleast tell some Symptoms
    ??
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Parneet384, seems like you are an antivirus expert. Digging all old threads related to virus.

Please refer : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • shonali55
    shonali55
    Hello,

Virus are are nothing but itself a program, who changes the signature of the software program, which is recognise by your sytem to run it. This cann't be removed but its function can be supressed by usuig antivirus. But to remove it permenently the best way is to remove the respective file.

Be carefull while Quarentizing the Folder or file or completely deleting it, if its .DLL file as C drive contain System file and all are .DLL file. Deletion of 1 cause any one or relative programs of the system not to RUN at all.
    For further doubt you are wellcome.

Shonali😀
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Yes. As other member told you, just take the backup of all the data of C drive. Format C drive and install new OS. This will work.
    Before restoring the data to C drive, install GOOD antivirus first. Scan the whole computer for viruses, then restore the data.
    By this antivirus can remove the viruses if any from your previously backup data. 😀
    This will work!!😁
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    if the antivirus donot get installed due to some viruses ...then you can scan your computer online....almost every antivirus give this facility free....after that install a good antivirus and regularly update it..

• shonali55
    shonali55
    Hi
    Thank you very much for your consideration.
    But system files cann't move to other drive, as before instaling the program or while booting the system we generally select C as path drive.
    Yes offcoures you can move it but after that your window will not Run at all.
    If am wrong then please reply me soon, if right than what is you further suggestion for me to do. I am waiting for your reply.

Friend
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    shonali55
    Hi
    Thank you very much for your consideration.
    But system files cann't move to other drive, as before instaling the program or while booting the system we generally select C as path drive.
    Yes offcoures you can move it but after that your window will not Run at all.
    If am wrong then please reply me soon, if right than what is you further suggestion for me to do. I am waiting for your reply.
    Oh yes. you are right.
    But, I am talking about the other files which you have created or developed using various softwares viz. documents created by using MS-Word or any sort of stuff.
    Firstly, just take out that files from C drive, as when you will format that drive, all the files get automatically deleted and that results into the loss of your data.
    Just backup that important files or you can just move all the important created files to other drive (let's say D) and then insert CD of OS and format your C drive.
    I hope, this is helpful for you. If you have any difficulty, let me know. 😀
  • shonali55
    shonali55
    As per my Knowledge we hardly store or install any pirate things to C-drive than how this virus get inside C-drive, i think through user document. where by default we save our files from net or from else. And I generly prefer other drives while saving or storing which may be fatal for your computer if you donn't have antivirus. And once your file is corrupted by virus its difficult to retrieve it after formating. As virus changes the program of the software.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Ok. Completely fine.
    So, now what's your difficulty?
    In what topic, you want help??
    Or the query is completely solved then???:smile:
  • shonali55
    shonali55
    DO YOU LIKE TO VIRUS FRIENDLY :😛
    An Encyclopaedia for viruses--Well,Yes-Antivirus Toolkit pro(#-Link-Snipped-#) has all the major viruses index and that too with detailed information on each of them.

The Viruses classified according to operating system, with special sections devoted to internet-based and macro viruses.
    The internet section is very intresting, and deals with emerging HTML and script viruses.

Another Encyclopaedia at #-Link-Snipped-# is symantic,s antivirus research center's (SARC) storehouse for information about viruses and virus hoaxes.
    VISIT THE HOAXES PAGE, IF ONLY YOU NEVER FALL PREY TO THEM.;-)
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    explain whats the virus and which antivirus u using then i can help a lot............
  • shonali55
    shonali55
    AntiVirus Software Review (Top 20)
    Rank
    1.BitDefender Antivirus
    2.Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    3.Webroot Antivirus
    4.ESET Nod32
    5.F-Secure Anti-Virus
    6.AVG Anti-Virus
    7.McAfee VirusScan
    8.G DATA AntiVirus
    9.Norton AntiVirus
    10.Trend Micro
    11.Vipre Antivirus + Antispyware
    12.CA Antivirus
    13.AVAST!
    14.CyberDefender Early Detection Center
    15.ParetoLogic Anti-Virus PLUS
    16.PC Tools AntiVirus
    17.Panda Antivirus
    18.Norman Antivirus and Antispyware
    19.F-Prot
    20.ViRobot
    Recent News:
    Microsoft Launches Free Antivirus Software
    Norton 2010 Reputation
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    when we take a backup of C drive, virus will come with that data !no. wont it?
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    install mcafee or kaspersky and scan it it will be fine im sure
  • ONKSSSSS
    ONKSSSSS
    dont panic just do what others have told REMEMBER WHATERVE U DO BACK UP UR DATA FIRST THEN DO WHAT EVER U WANT.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how c and c++ are implimented in system programming ? plz reply this
CEans, Did you check this out -> YouTube - PEREPITEIA GENERATOR DEMO VIDEO - Parts 1 & 2 If you, do it NOW! Thane C. Heins claims that he's developed...
hi all, i am doing my b.tech 2nd year can u suggest me some mini projects?
THE POSITION Senior Power Electronics Engineer Energy - Utilities Engineering - Other Engineering Full-time Massachusetts - Boston THE COMPENSATION Benefits - Full Commission Compensation - No Bonus Eligible - No...
Need electrical engineer with preferably a PhD specializing in motor and motor control modeling. Must be well versed in simulation tools, prefarably Matlab/SIMULINK. The job is for a multi-national home...