CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • richyson

MemberFeb 9, 2008

Re: Ask Bjarne Stroustrup - The inventor of C++ programming language

pls who can help me solve my problem on my computer, i have a virus on my drive c and i dont no how to take that virus of,
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • richyson

MemberFeb 9, 2008

Re: Ask Bjarne Stroustrup - The inventor of C++ programming language

can u help me take a virus off from my drive c?
    Cancel
  • richyson

MemberFeb 9, 2008

Re: CS & I.T. forum!

Am a new user and i need help, can you please help me ? i dont no how to take a virus off from my computer, can you please help me, this is my yahoo id: richyson5 , pls i will be glad to here from u
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberFeb 11, 2008

What are the symptoms richy?
    Cancel
  • friendster7

MemberMar 2, 2008

do install a good anti virus and scan ur system..this may solve ur problem..
    Cancel
  • rajshree

MemberMar 4, 2008

hay richy, just take backup of ur datas & then format drive 'c'
    Cancel
  • just2rock

MemberMar 9, 2008

well dont get panic...be cool 😎and search for Mcafee total security 2008(anti virus) and all your troubles will simply vanish....take my words...as i had faced many prior to McAfee.
    Blog Reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • rohit maloo

MemberMar 9, 2008

take the backup of important data and then format....
    or else u need a good registered and updated antivirus......
    Cancel
  • max348

MemberMar 10, 2008

just install kaspersky 7 anti-virus and scan ur pc...it will be o.k....
    Cancel
  • night crawler

MemberMar 11, 2008

scan ur pc using a good antivirus, or install process explorer kill process tree of the indicative virus .dig out the registry & delete it
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMar 11, 2008

On a related note: how DO you get rid of a virus from a computer that:

1. You don't have admin access (so can't install software).
    2. Anti-virus software is disabled (by some cunning virus).
    3. C Drive and Registry is write protected (can't directly delete any files).

Any ideas? Perhaps a reboot into MS-DOS? Boot CD?
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberMar 13, 2008

richyson, install & run spybot s&d as well as a virus scan program like avg, norton,mcAfee. Hijackthis! is also a great program to run when you cannot clear out a problem. A coolweb search and removal program is also a good idea. You can post the log file for help on one of many IT/anti-virus forums for help on what to delete. Worst case senario is wiping the drive, not fun, I've been there. Also make sure you have a firewall operating and your security settings are set high.

Ash, maybe by booting up in safe mode and trying to scan?
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMar 13, 2008

gohm
    richyson, install & run spybot s&d as well as a virus scan program like avg, norton,mcAfee. Hijackthis! is also a great program to run when you cannot clear out a problem. A coolweb search and removal program is also a good idea. You can post the log file for help on one of many IT/anti-virus forums for help on what to delete. Worst case senario is wiping the drive, not fun, I've been there. Also make sure you have a firewall operating and your security settings are set high.

Ash, maybe by booting up in safe mode and trying to scan?
    Yep, I agree on using Hijackthis! and send the log files to the IT forums. Anyone expert in analyzing those files btw?

Gohm, Lets say that safe mode does not work (i.e on a public/campus computer) 😉

I'm trying to assume a senario where all you have is a limited account on a computer and with the limitations listed before. Can one do anything before going the "booting" way?

Think MacGyver, think!
    Cancel
  • th3 ied kid

MemberMar 16, 2008

When no admin axess there ain't much left to do with changing registry!Even i go berserk
    with such things...but however there were certain things i tried leaving over like...
    >>Force deletion of files...of main virus..
    Well a long time ago i used to bluntly keep looking at %systemroot% in win...looking for standard files....so just when a comp gets infected nowadays..there's intutive ring going on in my head....so whats the best....i place certain files as prime suspects..and then check their function over internet!!!I can't call over shots soon!I take a deep precaution...coz next thing i do is what could be a nemisis or walkover for that comp...
    i use force deletion softwares,try them...most of them don't cost a thing in terms of bucks or time of download or size <i can sympathise with 5kbs guys..u c>!
    while most of them vanish...most trojans...etc..vanish but not all!well leave the registry entries to rot coz they just go as dead as a fish when main virus is deleted..there is bright chance that many errors pop outa windows..n admin notice that and may be come in for drink with ya!
    Most of stuffs work when cmd.exe or command.com works..however when they r bloked or virused....i don't panic..coz there ain't much happenin except for a blood boil!
    use commands like attrib< check attrib /?>....in cmd.exe when it works to show hidden files....or you could may be find in an application in internet to show you the hidden files!
    if you cn contribute more plz mail me!
    Cancel
  • just2rock

MemberMar 17, 2008

Use topic posts to make solutions more acceptable,rather making it complicated😁

Blog Reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • parihar888

MemberMar 25, 2008

Hi Richy
    just take back up of urs data & format C: drive if problem pertains then
    resize and create new partion of C: and format then u will definetly free of
    virus.. sure
    Cancel
  • Sunu

MemberMay 29, 2008

Getting the system scanned from websites which provide free antivirus scanners online doesnt seem to be a bad idea either...
    Cancel
  • Himanshutime

MemberJun 2, 2008

richyson
    Boss i beg i need some help, how can i take a virus from my drive c ? pls help me
    Hi i am himanshu,
    First you downlode one good antivirous, and scan your system yhrough it and then check the virous is removed or not if not so reinstol your computer.

one of my adwise if you are the person of computer is that you have to create an restor point in your system and when you feel any virous or any difficultu in using window you may restore your computer on back date. and delete the thing you instol in your system when they ask.and remove its link by going in registery.

its a most powerful way to deal with the virous. if you are a computer person so aply this methord and tel me the output at #-Link-Snipped-#

by
    Cancel
  • Sanjay9573

MemberJun 24, 2008

Dont worry just install trend micro officescan 8.0 antivirus and scan with this
    Cancel
  • arunbasillal

MemberJul 5, 2008

The drive doesnt really matter for a antivirus program. Get the Lates AVG Free antivirus
    ( Google for AVG Free download) and scan. It should solve this problem. If the problem persists, do as said by Rajsree, just backup and format all drives.

and dont get scard off by Viruses like this, just stay calm and you will be fine
    Cancel
  • vijayrock

MemberJul 19, 2008

Try this
    Install Kaspersky Antivirus 2008.The trial version will be for 30 days.Use that.It's efficient when compared to other anti virus software.
    also try using Ad aware to remove spywares.
    Attempt at installing firewall,but it might reduce the efficiency of the system.
    Cancel
  • gauravtiwari89

MemberJul 29, 2008

Richy will you atleast tell some Symptoms
    ??
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberSep 29, 2009

Parneet384, seems like you are an antivirus expert. Digging all old threads related to virus.

Please refer : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • shonali55

MemberSep 29, 2009

Hello,

Virus are are nothing but itself a program, who changes the signature of the software program, which is recognise by your sytem to run it. This cann't be removed but its function can be supressed by usuig antivirus. But to remove it permenently the best way is to remove the respective file.

Be carefull while Quarentizing the Folder or file or completely deleting it, if its .DLL file as C drive contain System file and all are .DLL file. Deletion of 1 cause any one or relative programs of the system not to RUN at all.
    For further doubt you are wellcome.

Shonali😀
    Cancel
  • Pranav Kathale

MemberSep 29, 2009

Yes. As other member told you, just take the backup of all the data of C drive. Format C drive and install new OS. This will work.
    Before restoring the data to C drive, install GOOD antivirus first. Scan the whole computer for viruses, then restore the data.
    By this antivirus can remove the viruses if any from your previously backup data. 😀
    This will work!!😁
    Cancel
  • yadavundertaker mohit

MemberSep 29, 2009

if the antivirus donot get installed due to some viruses ...then you can scan your computer online....almost every antivirus give this facility free....after that install a good antivirus and regularly update it..

Cancel
  • shonali55

MemberSep 30, 2009

Hi
    Thank you very much for your consideration.
    But system files cann't move to other drive, as before instaling the program or while booting the system we generally select C as path drive.
    Yes offcoures you can move it but after that your window will not Run at all.
    If am wrong then please reply me soon, if right than what is you further suggestion for me to do. I am waiting for your reply.

Friend
    Cancel
  • Pranav Kathale

MemberSep 30, 2009

shonali55
    Hi
    Thank you very much for your consideration.
    But system files cann't move to other drive, as before instaling the program or while booting the system we generally select C as path drive.
    Yes offcoures you can move it but after that your window will not Run at all.
    If am wrong then please reply me soon, if right than what is you further suggestion for me to do. I am waiting for your reply.
    Oh yes. you are right.
    But, I am talking about the other files which you have created or developed using various softwares viz. documents created by using MS-Word or any sort of stuff.
    Firstly, just take out that files from C drive, as when you will format that drive, all the files get automatically deleted and that results into the loss of your data.
    Just backup that important files or you can just move all the important created files to other drive (let's say D) and then insert CD of OS and format your C drive.
    I hope, this is helpful for you. If you have any difficulty, let me know. 😀
    Cancel
  • shonali55

MemberSep 30, 2009

As per my Knowledge we hardly store or install any pirate things to C-drive than how this virus get inside C-drive, i think through user document. where by default we save our files from net or from else. And I generly prefer other drives while saving or storing which may be fatal for your computer if you donn't have antivirus. And once your file is corrupted by virus its difficult to retrieve it after formating. As virus changes the program of the software.
    Cancel
  • Pranav Kathale

MemberSep 30, 2009

Ok. Completely fine.
    So, now what's your difficulty?
    In what topic, you want help??
    Or the query is completely solved then???:smile:
    Cancel
  • shonali55

MemberSep 30, 2009

DO YOU LIKE TO VIRUS FRIENDLY :😛
    An Encyclopaedia for viruses--Well,Yes-Antivirus Toolkit pro(#-Link-Snipped-#) has all the major viruses index and that too with detailed information on each of them.

The Viruses classified according to operating system, with special sections devoted to internet-based and macro viruses.
    The internet section is very intresting, and deals with emerging HTML and script viruses.

Another Encyclopaedia at #-Link-Snipped-# is symantic,s antivirus research center's (SARC) storehouse for information about viruses and virus hoaxes.
    VISIT THE HOAXES PAGE, IF ONLY YOU NEVER FALL PREY TO THEM.;-)
    Cancel
  • saurabh2486

MemberOct 14, 2009

explain whats the virus and which antivirus u using then i can help a lot............
    Cancel
  • shonali55

MemberOct 19, 2009

AntiVirus Software Review (Top 20)
    Rank
    1.BitDefender Antivirus
    2.Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    3.Webroot Antivirus
    4.ESET Nod32
    5.F-Secure Anti-Virus
    6.AVG Anti-Virus
    7.McAfee VirusScan
    8.G DATA AntiVirus
    9.Norton AntiVirus
    10.Trend Micro
    11.Vipre Antivirus + Antispyware
    12.CA Antivirus
    13.AVAST!
    14.CyberDefender Early Detection Center
    15.ParetoLogic Anti-Virus PLUS
    16.PC Tools AntiVirus
    17.Panda Antivirus
    18.Norman Antivirus and Antispyware
    19.F-Prot
    20.ViRobot
    Recent News:
    Microsoft Launches Free Antivirus Software
    Norton 2010 Reputation
    Cancel
  • sratiyala

MemberNov 2, 2009

when we take a backup of C drive, virus will come with that data !no. wont it?
    Cancel
  • saurabh2486

MemberDec 27, 2009

install mcafee or kaspersky and scan it it will be fine im sure
    Cancel
  • ONKSSSSS

MemberDec 28, 2009

dont panic just do what others have told REMEMBER WHATERVE U DO BACK UP UR DATA FIRST THEN DO WHAT EVER U WANT.....
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register